Like Minded Lushes May 2015

Options

Replies

• Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    I had 2 glasses of wine, a beer, and cocktail last night. I would have had another (and was smart by not opening bottle #2) but I had a marathon of meetings today. The last 2 of which I "missed' you could say because I dropped my breast pump, it mostly broke, so my small window of time to pump between meetings stretched into meetings 3 and 4. So I'm drinking part of that unopened bottle of sauvignon blanc tonight. Sheesh.....
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Holy moly, Gary! You are having one hell of a week :( Hope you're on the upswing and good things are happening today!

I don't think I'll be having a 0 tonight. I really want some wine...so I'm going for it. Why not?!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I haven't managed a 0 yet, husband broke out the wine on Monday, then we went for Mexican last night, the wait was so long I had two margaritas and then a corona light.
    The scale was the same as last week, which was the same for SO long. I need to be consistent for a long time. One binge/splurge and all the fat cells are well fortified, and with my back being bad I don't exercise and my maintenance must be really low!
    Anyway, going for a 0 tonight! maybe tomorrow and Friday, too!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    bgrune131 wrote: »

I don't think I'll be having a 0 tonight. I really want some wine...so I'm going for it. Why not?!

This is pretty much how I feel all the time :D:p

I had a little too much last night so today I felt a little crummy but I got my butt in gear and worked out. Having wine now and relaxing B):drinker:
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Today was much better. We got outta town and are at our son and dil house. Hanging out with the grand baby today. Even going to have a zero. Tomorrow- not so much. :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear it Gary, enjoy your time!!!

Sunday-0
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-2 margaritas
    Wednesday-2 tropical punch vodkas with sprite zero
    Thursday-Possibly some port with some dark chocolate.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I just had 2 glasses of wine last night. I was going to make a cocktail but I was too tired. I fell asleep watching Survivor at like 9:20. I needed sleep more than I needed booze. Maybe a 0 tonight, but I doubt it. I get to skip out on work early tomorrow and go to the track again! I love clients that take me to the track!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    The lushes have gone quiet :laugh:

Sunday-0
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-2 margaritas
    Wednesday-2 tropical punch vodkas
    Thursday-2 margaritas and 1 tropical punch vodka....
    Friday-not sure yet. The weather is amazing here and I am looking forward to going for a nice 4 mile walk this evening. Then I will probably reward myself with alcohol, DUH :wink:

Tomorrow we have another communion party at my SIL. We will most likely stay over since they live in North Jersey and Sunday we have to go to my parents for brunch in Bucks County....no point in driving 2 1/2 hrs home to get up and drive 45 mins back the same direction.

Have a lovely weekend everyone!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I had 1/2 a cider on the way to dinner, a beer at dinner, and about 2 small glasses of wine at home after. I'll call it a 3. I'm off to a couple meetings then off to the track where I will have some drinks! And the weather is great! Woo hoo for Friday!
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Managed one zero for the week so far. Doubt I will have more today or tomorrow. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    How come I never had a communion party when I was a kid? sheesh :laugh:
    I'm plugging along drinking wine as usual. The workout routine is still not where I'd like it to be but I'm hoping to change that around. I still have a Memorial Day getaway in Laguna Beach...which means bathing suit...which means I have work to do. :/
    Happy Mother's Day to everyone and TGIF! :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Sunday-2
    Monday-1
    Tuesday-2 margaritas, 1 beer
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday-0
    Wednesday husband opened a beer but I didn't join, and last night he had a show so I had to get through pressure only from myself:)
    Tonight I budgeted for some wine and chocolate but I am have the house, and DVR, to myself tonight:)
    Anyone here like to read? I am not sure what to start next. I read Shining Girls and The Girl on the Train and liked them both. If anyone is reading anything good, let me know, or if you have a favorite book lately...
    Have a great weekend all!
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Loved Girl on the Train!! Just started A Man Called Ove but it's too early for me to say if it's good. It is very highly rated tho so we'll see
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Happy Mother's day to all the momma's <3<3<3<3
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Thinking of you, Kat. And you too Bridget. <3
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Jamaica was amazing!!!!! I drank pretty hard on Sunday so I was pretty mellow the rest of the time. I didn't eat too much either. we had an awesome zip line tour and horseback ride and then you rode them in the ocean with the horses actually swimming it was so cool. I spent a lot of time chillin' and readin'. I ate crap for me but oh so tasty food so I gained about 2 pounds. I can get that off soon. We brought back two bottles of rum. But I am really going to try to stop my bad drinking and loose some weight before my New York trip in September. I missed you lushes all.

Happy mother's day. thinking of you Kat.
    I miss my mom something terrible to Bridget
    Sorry you had a hell week Gary.
    Glad your vacay was good Syd
    Amy good job on the zeros.

It is good to be home.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    welcome back Robin! Sounds like a great time. :)
  • Kat120285
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thanks guys <3 yesterday was a lot harder than I thought it would be :'(

Pretty sure the only thing on my "to do" list that's getting done today is being lazy with husband when he gets home.

Glad everyone had nice getaways, can't wait for ours in a couple weeks.

Hope you're holding up alright Bridget <3

Definitely getting a zero today.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Hugs Kat.

I had a sort of lushy weekend. Friday at the track I had 2 little vodkas and 2 Stellas. Came home and had some wine on the deck. Then our neighbors came over with a bunch of beer and a couple Mikes Hard Lemonades. I don't like the Mikes, but if you mix the mango flavor with watermelon vodka, they're yummy. So I did that for the rest of the night. I have no idea how much I drank. We were up past 1 and I was a little rough when we rolled out of bed to get ready to go to our ALS walk Saturday morning. The mile walk actually helped me perk up a bit. I napped off and on about an hour and then fell asleep at 915. Yesterday I started drinking wine at 1 with lunch and just sipped throughout the day and finished off with 2 beers at the in law's and made a cocktail at home but fell asleep about 1/3 of the way into it. I need to dry out for at least 2 days.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I am exhausted....communion party saturday and mothers day brunch yesterday. Drank and ate too much, as usual.

I also need to dry out for a few days!