Here We Go!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• Calli1616
    Calli1616 Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 48 and live on the west coast. I am in the process of losing a total of 55 pounds and am finally willing to bring some focus to doing it. I kept saying I needed to do something to lose the baby weight, but the "baby" is now 13 years old and I have procrastinated long enough! I think I'm just tired of feeling frumpy and worn out all the time. That and I have two friends fighting metastasized breast cancer - kind of a wake up call to grab life and do all you enjoy while you can. I'm fairly new to MFP. I had signed up a while ago, but didn't really get it figured out, and certainly didn't regularly log in! I'm one week into checking in daily and watching my calories - and down 4 lbs! Yay! Nice to "meet" you all!
  • tcbutler8627
    tcbutler8627 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Calli1616 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm 48 and live on the west coast. I am in the process of losing a total of 55 pounds and am finally willing to bring some focus to doing it. I kept saying I needed to do something to lose the baby weight, but the "baby" is now 13 years old and I have procrastinated long enough! I think I'm just tired of feeling frumpy and worn out all the time. That and I have two friends fighting metastasized breast cancer - kind of a wake up call to grab life and do all you enjoy while you can. I'm fairly new to MFP. I had signed up a while ago, but didn't really get it figured out, and certainly didn't regularly log in! I'm one week into checking in daily and watching my calories - and down 4 lbs! Yay! Nice to "meet" you all!

Howdy!!! Good job on the 4 lbs so far!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • ptmom99
    ptmom99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 47 years old and mom to a 12 and17 year old. I have about 50 pounds to lose. I am a breast cancer survivor and have had trouble losing weight because of medication. A patient told me about MFP and I have been using it for 3 weeks. Encouraged by everyone's successes!
  • tcbutler8627
    tcbutler8627 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    ptmom99 wrote: »
    Hi! I'm 47 years old and mom to a 12 and17 year old. I have about 50 pounds to lose. I am a breast cancer survivor and have had trouble losing weight because of medication. A patient told me about MFP and I have been using it for 3 weeks. Encouraged by everyone's successes!

Welcome ptmom99!! I'm sure you will like it here, find there are some helpful people here, and lose the weight you want.

Good luck!!
  • MyFitLife15
    MyFitLife15 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 47 and live in North Carolina. I'm 5'3" and my goal weight is 120. I've been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds for three years now and it's time to keep the number going down instead of up and down.
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 47 and live in North Carolina. I'm 5'3" and my goal weight is 120. I've been gaining and losing the same 5 pounds for three years now and it's time to keep the number going down instead of up and down.

So many similar stories. We can so do this with a little support to keep us on track!

• nicolet789
    nicolet789 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 43 and live in The Netherlands (Europe). I am also checking the Dutch pages of MFP but there are not so much users yet (started recently). I am a mother of a 2,5 yrs old daughter. I've lost weight before (10 yrs ago) but it slowly crept in again, when I fell in love etc. But still in healthy range. However, when I became pregnant my weight skyrocketed. Now I am 73 kg (160 lbs) at 1.63 m (64 inch, is that correct?). I want to lose 22 kg (50 lbs). Challenges are that my life is a lot busier now being a working mom, so less time for sporting. But I intend to start with zumba classes at a local sport school and cycle to work everyday (electric bike though).

What I learned from last attempt is that online buddies helped me a lot. I hope we can support each other in this group, and success to everyone!
  • MorriCorvidae
    MorriCorvidae Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 42, mom to two girls, both in their early 20s, Canadian, and I work from home. I have over 100 lbs to lose; ten years ago I was almost to my goal weight, and ended up in a very depressing situation, which set me back. I gave up on a lot of things, including myself.

I was always the chubby one, but now... Yikes. It didn't really hit me until I was weighed at the doctor's office three months ago, and that day I vowed to be surgery ready by next year at this time. I've been using homemade kettle bells (1 litre milk jugs filled with sand) for fifteen to thirty minutes each day, plus I try to get in at least a half mile walk daily. If no one is home, I also get in some very bad dancing. ;-)

Feel free to add me!
  • MyFitLife15
    MyFitLife15 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Everyone, feel free to add me as a friend, also. I get motivation from reading the news feed when others exercise, log several days in a row, and stay at their goal.
  • tigerThea
    tigerThea Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    So I have a couple more months being 43, and a lot longer than that here. I've been logging my food for 29 days straight, yay. I have around 165 pounds to get rid of, that is a scary number, but one pound at a time. When I'm working out I'm all about it, right now I'm focusing on food. After a trip to visit family I'll add serious exercise, for now it's to stay within my calories.
  • Feistychick68
    Feistychick68 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hello all and it was interesting to read each of your journeys. I wish all of you much success. I'm 46 and live in Ontario Canada. I am on my own journey of losing all the baggage on not only my body but my mind and spirit. I have suffered PTSD and depression but I am getting good at seeing the negative paths and most importantly for me the abusive negative ppl I allowed into my life. It came naturally to me considering a childhood of alcholic parents and abnormal environment. I have a 16 year old son and I am thankful for the opportunity to get my *kitten* together. Not everyone gets that chance as life is precious. Good luck to all of you.
  • vix4001
    vix4001 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 42 and gained my weight after i stopped smoking 6 months ago. I don't have much to lose but all the inspiration i come across here is a great motivator. I have found I actually love exercise and can get arsey if i miss a day! I'm from sunny Yorkshire in the UK!
  • miche173
    miche173 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm 42, live in Pennsylvania, and have about 40 pounds to lose. When I started, it was 80, and so overwhelming. Now, I'm about half way there, and already feeling so much better! I have had to accept that my body chemistry, family history, and personal history of bad eating mean that I will need to be low carb for the rest of my life. But, in return, I get to feel better, look better, and set a good example for my 6 year old little girl. I am determined to lose the weight, and keep it off, as well as increase my fitness level.
    I'm a special education teacher, so I'm looking forward to really bumping up the exercise during my time off this summer. For that, I will need motivating friends, so please feel free to add me!