Did You Know Series #1: Your Body on Walking

themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,217 Member
edited May 2015 in Social Groups
Hello and Happy Weekend Everyone!

I will be chiming in periodically this month with interesting facts and infographics about sitting less and moving more. In addition to the daily challenges, deepening our understanding of why inactivity is so bad for us can give us that extra nudge to stand up and get moving when we're tempted to just pull up a chair.

Today's Did You Know? post focuses on how terrific walking is for us. Pretty fascinating, huh? Infographic courtesy Nathan Stephens, a Scottish clinical researcher.

9j58dukatqku.jpg

Now You Know! :)

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,369 Member
    Great reminder! So basically walking for an hour a day will keep you from all these things, and less :) will still improve your health substancially.
  • DianaJaneD
    DianaJaneD Posts: 157 Member
    Plain and simple graphic that packs a wallop! It's incredible how much a walking habit can help our body!
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Absolutely love this graphic!
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,217 Member
    Glad you like it! I do too. I need to make a correction, however. It looks to me that the originator of the infographic is Prevention Magazine: http://www.prevention.com/fitness/fitness-tips/health-benefits-walking

So now you know that too! :)
  • Chejan
    Chejan Posts: 183 Member
    Diabetes runs in my family and I want to avoid getting it too. I will definitely try to add more walking to my day.