How to Change Your Macro Settings

Options
chocodum
chocodum Posts: 3 Member
Hi everyone!

I made this little tutorial in case anyone needed help on changing their macronutrient goals on MyFitnessPal. It also includes steps to make these changes appear on the Android app.

Should you only be using the Android app, please consider following this tutorial to its entirety regardless for the "Change Goals" function on the app does not currently appear to be functioning. I suggest using your device's browser complete the first half if you do not have a computer.

If you have no idea what macronutrient ratio settings would be good for you like me, I would recommend consulting Martinus of Reddit's very resourceful Keto Calculator for guidance.

Thank you for your attention!

wbP7OoKh.png
Starting off at the home screen, click on "Goals".

ICZSwk0h.png
Click on the green "Change Goals" button.

ZZdHGnhh.png
Select the "Custom" radio button in order to choose your own macro ratios and then "Continue".

adjo0kQh.png
Use the drop-down lists to select your desired percentages to the nearest five percent.

9ndnLuVh.png
On the same page, click on "Change Goals" to apply your new settings.

As mentioned above, please follow the steps below on your mobile Android device to make your changes appear on your app. It is unfortunate that a bug on the current version of the app appears to prevent its built-in "Change Goals" function or automatic syncing of goals to work as intended.

KdBSd2El.png
Press the button on the home screen as shown to access the app drawer.

cURbbPhl.png
Press and hold your app's icon until it lifts itself, closing the app drawer.

ZuDVJPTl.png
Continuing to hold your app, drag it to the area with the words "App Info".

a745v2Kl.png
Remove your finger from the app icon. A new window should appear.

FuI1Vp7l.png
Press "Clear Data" and confirm. Your app should reset itself. Rest assured that your food and fitness diary, biometric data, and other important information is securely and safely stored online as a part of your MyFitnessPal account.

Upon reopening your app and logging into your account again, all of your data will be restored. Your goals which you updated in the browser version of MyFitnessPal should be reflected in your restored app.

Once again, I would like to thank you for reading my tutorial, and I wish you all the best of luck in your weight loss or lifestyle-changing goals.

Thank you!

-Chocodum

Replies

• heyervyone
    heyervyone Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This no longer works with the new premium additions.
  • chocodum
    Options
    heyervyone wrote: »

Premium additions? I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean.
  • heyervyone
    heyervyone Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    chocodum wrote: »

Disregard that, it still works, but the options have changed. If you click goals, you will see the changes to how you edit these numbers.
  • chocodum
    Options
    chocodum wrote: »

Disregard that, it still works, but the options have changed. If you click goals, you will see the changes to how you edit these numbers.

Yes, I tried that myself yesterday, but if you look at the "Nutrition" tab after changing the numbers under "Goals" using the app, nothing would have changed. I found that after a while, the percentages would shift back to what they were before you made the changes.
  • Size8Kate
    Size8Kate Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for these instructions. So helpful! :)