Got kicked out by my 21DF coach - looking for support

Options
2»

Replies

• walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Satia, if you can swing it, I'd try it out. If it doesn't make a difference, you're out $130, unless they have a smaller trial pack, and you won't be left wondering.

I'm happy with my current whey powder and wouldn't pay for Shakeology but Lord knows I've paid a lot for diet/fitness stuff over the years and even though I'm not rich, I don't regret any of those purchases. Talk to me when I'm 80, eating cat food from the can...
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @JungleJ4ne I'm sorry to hear about your experience . ...I am sooo shocked to hear a coach would do something like that.
    But this is truly a great and supportive group..no matte the type of 21DF with or without shakes. Everyone is welcomed just the same :)

Question for everyone with great coaches ( from the newbie) - what do you actually go over with your coaches and how often ?
  • SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @germany03 The other day my coach shared a link to her youtube channel and the newest video was her sharing some information she received during a seminar or workshop she participated in with Autumn Calabrese herself. So what, right? Well, as it turns out, some of the info Autumn shared included how to find your bracket if you're nursing or pregnant, when it is best to eat your yellow and blue containers, and some rather bad news about peanut butter.

A good coach also typically has challenge groups to help motivated their customers. I think this is an efficient way of touching base with their clients without actually having to mail each and every person one-on-one. The groups seem to typically include motivational words, accountability, meal and shopping plans, etc. Some challenge groups are workout specific so everyone is doing the same exercise program together--whether it's 21 Day Fix or another beachbody program. However, some coaches have challenge groups that are not program specific so some people may be doing 21 Day Fix while others are doing another program altogether and still others are doing hybrid programs.

I really like my coach. She's very sweet, absolutely adorable, but I don't expect her to be an expert on anything. She's not a licensed nutritionist or physical trainer. She's a woman who is trying to get her home business up and running. Would we be friends in real life? Probably not. But when I have questions, I can bring them to her and get them answered. Or, I can come here to our group and ask them here. We've got a great group here and I'm amazed by how supportive and encouraging and HONEST everyone is. None of us is trying to make any of this seem easy. It isn't. But it is totally worth it!
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I must know what Autumn said about PB. I just LOVE peanut butter and ALWAYS get into trouble every time I try to incorporate it into my diet.

And I'm using the "all natural" stuff too. No sugary Jiff for me, yet, I go overboard.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @walkdmc Well, unless you are steaming, baking, and such without adding any oils to your cooking, then you can still enjoy 2 tsps of peanut butter. Alas, the minute you stir fry or spray olive oil in the pan while cooking eggs . . . guess what? You lose at least 1 tsp. EVERY TIME!

And if I remember correctly, Autumn wants us to eat our orange before dinner. :#
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    How about the PB2 stuff I see people talking about? I'm not a huge fan of PB so it doesn't really affect me but I have been known to put some on toast.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @mrsewert In a video I shared in another thread, Autumn specifically says that in her eyes PB2 is NOT fix approved (which is why I'm surprised when I see so many coaches encouraging its use). She also seems to say in this video that natural peanut butter is preferred:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjopWcYQ-u4&feature=share&list=PLbPsp9t7a99Monxbx9U4KEajHR2qZsLOz

The thing is if you think about the meal plan and food lists, really anything that's processed should not be in your diet. If you're going to go all natural/organic and such then powdered anything--from peanut butter to protein to milk--simply wouldn't fit the bill. Yes, that would mean Shakeology is a no-no. So she isn't rigid about how she interprets clean eating. She does often say to eat real food and that Shakeo won't keep you as full as "real" protein will. I think she knows that we all live busy lives and sometimes grabbing a shake is an easy way to meet your calorie and/or container goal.

It's okay to be realistic and it's okay to try to do everything perfectly but shove some fruit and veggies in a blender with the protein powder of your choice as needed.
  • germany03
    germany03 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    @SatiaRenee thanks for sharing your insight on a good coach. I have a much better understanding now. And as you mentioned...this is an awesome group for support as well.
  • haleymiller0707
    haleymiller0707 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I was beginning to think it was just me, I have never even heard from my coach since I received my package last month but I have been friended by 10 coaches in the past week. I find reading these boards more helpful.
  • kathymford
    kathymford Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I never even bought my package from a coach; I bought off Amazon. No hassle there!! I like the support here just fine!