8 months out

Options
Hello! I am 20 years old and about 8 months post op. I had surgery on Sept.24. I started at 244 and am currently sitting at 166. So that is 78lbs lost. I went to the Dr. at 6 months and he was very pleased. I hit my 1year goal (177) early!! I am super happy about that, but I had serious trouble getting off the next 10lbs. And I have now been stuck at 166 for about 3 weeks. I am eating about 1200 calories a day and go to the gym 4 times a week. And everyday I go over me 10,000 step goal. I am getting sort of discouraged and was wondering if anyone on here had any tips!

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Just keep going! You've made AMAZING progress, and plateaus will happen. Just keep in mind that you're carrying almost one-third less of your previous body weight. You have EVERYTHING to be proud of.
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    you've done great. that plateau you're at may not be an actual problem. with you going to the gym 4 times a week, you're probably gaining muscle mass, which is a good thing. have you noticed that you're losing inches instead of weight?
  • chavezalexandra1373
    chavezalexandra1373 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I actually haven't measured myself in quite a while. I went down another pant size, but that is always a finicky way to measure....I'll just keep going, it'll have to break eventually!
  • ozmayai22
    ozmayai22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im 9 months out, I stopped losing at 5 months. Can't figure out what's happening but it would be just my luck that I'm the 1% that the sleeve doesn't work for!
  • Daynacrd
    Daynacrd Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    ozmayai22 wrote: »
    Im 9 months out, I stopped losing at 5 months. Can't figure out what's happening but it would be just my luck that I'm the 1% that the sleeve doesn't work for!

Same happened to be in 2016 and then regained until June 2018 - try OMNI - if interested, email me at DaynaCRD@msn.com
  • bullet3600
    bullet3600 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Everyone has plateaus, change some things up. Try going on the protein shakes for a week to change up your metabolism, usually a shock to the system will get things moving again.