Be Careful Going Thru Airport Security

Options
kdubskwags
kdubskwags Posts: 33 Member
I posted this earlier on my blog, and was encouraged to share it with the entire Group, so here it is:

A quick story. As I was going thru security at Atlanta Hartsfield Airport last week, I was pulled aside for additional “random screening” ( I don’t normally have to remove my belt, shoes, wallet etc—but for this additional screening, I had too.).

They directed me to stand in this glass birdcage for a full body x-ray. Well, as you may know, for this screening, you have to raise your arms well above your head for this x-ray to be accurate, so I did as directed…….and well…..you see…..I was still wearing my “Big Boy Britches” and as the x-ray started, pants started to slip.

Of course, my first reaction was to grab them just as the scan started. That action did not amuse the TSA officer. I tried to explain the situation, recent weight -loss, didn’t want to spend the money on new clothes, etc, but he basically told me to deal with it.

So I hiked up my trousers to the high water mark, rolled the waist line down a couple of times and prayed the pants would stay up for 3 seconds required for the scan.

Note: I did have a smile of satisfaction when it was over. It has been 16 weeks and have lost 40 pounds (40.2 to be exact) :)

Replies

• shedthesweater
    shedthesweater Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Love it!! Congrats! on your weight loss, and so funny! Great story!
  • RoCla
    RoCla Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Interesting side effect - great work on the loss.
  • Whosebeeping
    Whosebeeping Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Very funny congrats!! Last time I was at the airport my husband was taken in to a side room. They asked if I wanted to accompany him. Ah hell no!!
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    Way to go on loosing! I bet they don't appreciate sudden movements. But, seriously, they took your belt! Thanks for sharing.
  • Wen_Mitchell
    Wen_Mitchell Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    lol The unexpected side effects of losing weight!
  • flomay5253
    flomay5253 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks I needed a good laugh. Great story for a NS commercial.
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Too funny!!!! Too bad the TSA guy didn't appreciate it!!!