Favorite recipes ?!

Options
JalynRose1
JalynRose1 Posts: 30 Member
edited May 2015 in Social Groups
This is what I had for dinner today and it is one of the best indian dishes I've ever made.

It is a red lentil and spinach masala and it is delicious! Also, here is the link to the recipe if you want to try it out: http://feedmephoebe.com/2014/02/red-lentil-recipe/

Here is the nutrition breakdown according to MFP for 1 cup/1 serving. Btw, I substituted low fat coconut milk. If you made it with full fat coconut milk the below fat would be doubled.

calories-242, fat-8, carbs-32, protein-11, sodium-358, sugar-8

xpce5zsg84d6.jpg

Replies

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big recipe person. I buy Morrocan lentils in a packet. It's no more difficult to cook than 2 minute noodles. :smiley:
  • JalynRose1
    JalynRose1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe! I love Indian food and this looks delicious. :)
  • LeilaTurk
    LeilaTurk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Kale lentil carrot soup! I love it!! I use half the salsa it calls for and add 8 cups of veg stock instead of 6. Enjoy!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/220173/amazing-lentils-and-kale/
  • amyjeanw84
    amyjeanw84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I made that recipe last night and it is FANTASTIC if you like Indian food (which is my favorite). Thank you for sharing!
  • amyjeanw84
    amyjeanw84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    BTW I saw a recipe on that same web site with the lentils that called for a bean like chili (they put chicken) in a 1/2 spaghetti squash and melted cheese or vegan cheese on top. I plan to put this lentil masala in my 1/2 of spaghetti squash for a good filling dinner instead of the chili! Just a little idea :smile:
  • allaboutthefood
    allaboutthefood Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    4w49y119han3.jpg
    I made this tonight, so easy and so good.
    Creamy avocado fettuccine, I am new to this. 3 avocado's, 4 cloves garlic, 1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes, 1/2 tablespoon basil, 1/2 tablespoon parsley, 1/2 tablespoon chili powder and 1 oz Silk soy milk, blend up in food processor and mix in cooked noodles.