It's getting REAL. Pre-op yesterday.

Options
nowucme
nowucme Posts: 88 Member
So it seemed like time went by so slowly but my surgery is now 10 days away!
It took me about 6 months to lose 20 pounds. Finally moved down one size in pants. Timing was held up two months by discovery of sleep apnea. Had to wait for two scheduled test sessions and then wait for my machine. (Which I detest BTW). Lucky me - needed the more expensive bi-pap machine. Yesterday I filled my scrips and ordered some sample protein packs. I was given special soap to shower with for the three days before surgery.
Only need to do clear liquid diet on the day before but I think I'll start eating lighter for a few days before like I did for my colonoscopy. Reading eggface blog and Bariatric Eating for recipe ideas. Getting really excited and nervous now!
I've learned so much from all the wonderful seasoned veterans on this site. Bless you all !

Replies

• sarimc01
    sarimc01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes, it is exciting and nerve racking. Congrats on your journey so far. You will do great!
  • Merylk34
    Merylk34 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yeah so excited for you. I just had my surgery on May 4th. So I'm pretty much a newbie but if you have any questions I'll be more then happy to answer them.
  • bookerlr
    bookerlr Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yay!! You are almost there! So exciting!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Good for you! The losers bench is warm and ready!
  • TN_Tinker
    TN_Tinker Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the surgery date! See you on the other side.
  • mycatsnameisbug
    mycatsnameisbug Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I remember this feeling! Nervous and excited :) like you I lost about 20 lbs in the 6 months preop and now am losing nicely! Best of luck, this forum is awesome so if you have any questions or butterflies definitely chime in!
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    You are ready. Wishing you a speedy 10 days, easy surgery & recovery, and then you will be off to the races!