For those who are at or near their goal weight...

Options
mirrim52
mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
I have a question for you!
When did you notice the biggest changes in you body in you weight loss journey?
Beginning...middle...end?

I am halfway to my goal weight. While I am happy with my weight loss so far, I feel like I don't look all that different. My husband says he can see that I lost weight, and my clothes feel looser, but I still have quite a bit of fat on my stomach. This is were I seem to carry my weight the most - all in a spare tire. It is frustrating, as in most size charts, my waist is 2 sizes larger than my hips. If I buy clothes that fit my hips, I get a horrible muffin top. If I wear clothes to fit my waist, they fall down. Don't even get me started on bathing suits.

I am trying to tell myself that this is just going to unfortunately be the last place I lose, but I keep thinking that if I see such little change in the 16 lbs I have lost, am I really going to be happy when I lose another 14-17 lbs and hit my goal? Does your body really change more quickly towards the end? I am only 5'0", so a 30 lbs loss should be pretty darn significant by the end.

Replies

• GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    I saw almost no changes in the first 20 lbs. The next 10 lbs, however, took a lot of inches off. I think the closer you are to your goal weight, the more each lb lost will be visible. I have another 15-20 lbs to go. And, yes, I have the belly problem too. It's going to be the last thing to go, but it will go. Strength training definitely made the inches drop faster than the lbs.
  • MalineVD
    MalineVD Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5' and want to lose around 17lbs. It feels like it's almost impossible to lose them.. So I try to just focus on inches and be better at my workouts instead of my weight.

Also got the problem of different sizes.
    Much smaller in the waist and really small breasts, but got serious hips and booty. I wish everything was a bit more in proportion, but it isn't so I try to make the best of it.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I'm not really trying to lose weight other than an inch here or there for my vanity. I've been doing 5x5 for 9-10 months and over that period I've gained about 5 or so lbs. but I've gotten smaller in some places and stayed the same in others. I carry my weight in my thighs and they've definitely slimmed. I noticed recently when I bought a pair of pants that were too tight on my legs last year when I tried them on. I've got room to breathe in them right now.

So, my point is, with weight to lose, your body should definitely change for the better. You may not notice because it's difficult to see changes in ourselves when we see our bodies every day. Take some photos of yourself so that you can compare in the future.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    idk . . . i lost weight pretty slowly, so a person's mindset adjusts. but for most of last summer i was within 5 pounds or so of even the most ambitious realistic weight for my height and what i remember noticing was that it was like the shrinking-icecap thing. generally 'bare' ground, but still these little blobs of fat perched up on the higher eminences. like my hips.

didn't mind those, but the inside-of-the-knees thing just drove me crazy.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Bumping this. I'm in the same boat and only on week 8. While I feel my arms and legs are getting stronger, I don't really see any changes. I just want to get rid of the fat and that is the hardest. Wish you lots of luck.
  • mirrim52
    Options
    I am feeling slightly more confident today :P
    I put my derby jersey on for practice today, and while it was pretty tight last summer when I got it, it has some slack to it now.
    Also, I have played around with the model my diet website before. I know it is just an computer generated image, but it is pretty close to how my body looks when I set it on apple body type.

Well, this is the pic for 140 to 124 lbs (start to current). Current looks similar, just smaller.
    d3f7nn2qy52s.jpeg

And this is 124 to 110 lbs (current to high end of goal). Big difference!
    yki3ke7eu605.jpeg

And then of course I remembered that I was just under 100 lbs when I was in high school and was SKINNY. So there is no way I am not going to be at least somewhat slim at 105-110.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    you guys might find this website worthwhile.

http://www.mybodygallery.com/
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    That simulator is pretty fun. It's fairly accurate when I entered my shape, weight, and height.

ETA: I wish I knew the upper and lower limits.. it didn't really work when I tried to make myself 1000 lbs.
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    That simulator is pretty accurate! Now I know that I'd like my shape at 110 lbs. 21 lbs to go, better get on it!
  • mirrim52
    Options
    Derby practice last night. I teammate and friend was skating behind me and said "You don't look like you! How much weight have you lost?" I said about 15 lbs, and she said "Nice!"

I guess it is getting noticable :P

This is coming at a good time. I have been a little discouraged, so the comments, along with a couple people telling me my game play has improved over the last couple months (since I started lifting), have been really motivating.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I never knew about that website. Fun. I will never like the fact that my bust is pretty much nonexistent, and my butt needs firming and lifting. Also hoping to gain enough muscle on my thighs to fill in the flabby areas where the fat used to be. Then there's my upper arms.........We are never happy, I guess.