Hi from Bath

Options
CharlieCCat
CharlieCCat Posts: 3 Member
Hi, I'm Charlotte (46), I am working on losing 10st. I have a hormone imbalance where I overproduce cortisol (not cushings) and was able to keep my weight steady with hard work and sticking to 1500 calories a day. Then in 2001 I got pregnant and my weight climbed and stayed up. I had my last child in 2012 and put even more weight on. Add to that the stress of caring for my mother who had dementia until she passed, any resemblance of healthy eating went out the window (and lots of chocolate flew in).

I want to lose this weight because I feel very unhealthy, my knees are shot and crackle when I go upstairs, my back aches alot and I am worried about my heart - although, according to the Dr, my heart and related bloods are good.

To start I am not 'dieting' but being more aware of what I eat and trying to change that to healthier options. I have also started some gentle exercise and do a weekly gentle fitness (burlesque style) class and try to swim once a week.

I have got myself a vivofit 2 fitness band which beeps at me when I don't move about for an hour or more and I then start marching/dancing on the spot or walking around the house until the red line has disappeared.

If anyone would like to add me as a friend, please feel free to do so.

Replies

• lemsiptoothpick
    lemsiptoothpick Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Charlotte, I'm from Bath too! I have around 4 stone to see off. I'm like you, not dieting as such (as soon as I deprive myself, all I can think of is food!) but trying to move more and just eat a bit less. X