Week 5 - May 11 to May 17

shirayne
shirayne Posts: 263 Member
edited May 2015 in Social Groups
Good Monday morning All!

Sorry I'm late! I've been sick and our air conditioning and furnace broke down so I haven't slept well because it's been so hot... UGH!

OK here we go for this week!

Food Challenge: I love the idea of herbs and spices so let's try this... 3 times this week, let's use FRESH herbs (fresh that have been frozen is fine) in our dishes. To make it extra challenging, try using a fresh herb you don't normally use!

Fitness challenge: How do you guys feel about sleeping??? I hear all the time that getting enough sleep every night is a crucial part of being healthy and losing weight. So here's the challenge (since I'm so freaking tired anyways... LOL) At least 5 nights this week, you must get a minimum of 7 hours of sleep!

Good luck and have an awesome week!

Replies

• Jinx_Mo
    Jinx_Mo Posts: 150 Member
    OMG, that fitness challenge will definitely be a challenge for me! I'm lucky when I get a full 6 hours! I'm in. Same for the food challenge. I've been wanting to check out the fresh chives at our farmers market. Yummy!
  • shirayne
    I forgot and read in bed last night so I got about 6.5 hours... grrr... I know tonight won't be it for me but I'll try again tomorrow!
  • Hippychick5983
    Hippychick5983 Posts: 130 Member
    Yeah.....the sleep one is going to be hard. I try to get to bed to sleep right but my brain just doesn't turn off. Doesn't help that I get up so early for work. I am going to really try this week though!

The food one sounds fun!
  • Jinx_Mo
    OMG, got 7 hours of sleep last night
  • Jinx_Mo
    (sorry, accidentally hit the Enter key)... anyway, got 7 hours of sleep last night and I'm SOOO freakin sleepy! I woke up thinking, "Girl, you gotta get 8 solid hours". I am starting to think that sleep deprivation (less than 6 hours) actually works like fasting, the longer you do it the less you notice how much you need it. Odd, huh? I'm going for 8 hours tonight to see how I feel tomorrow.
  • Jinx_Mo
    Ok, got in some fresh dill today and fresh chives two nights ago, and I've managed 2 nights of 8-hour sleep. I plan on getting at least another 9 hours of sleep tonight because I don't have to get up in the morning, but wondering what other fresh herb I can find... any suggestions?
  • shirayne
    I GOT ALMOST ( HOURS LAST NIGHT!!! WOOT!!! LOL

In terms of herbs, so far I've used fresh cilantro in my homemade guacamole. DELISH!
  • Jinx_Mo
    3rd herb DONE! Fresh basil chopped really fine on a personal pizza I developed yesterday. You take 1 7" flour tortilla, pile it with fresh sliced tomato, thinly sliced onion, fresh basil, fresh spinach, garlic, onion powder, oregano, and then pop it in the oven for about 10 minutes. I then pulled apart 2 slices of Velveeta original sliced cheese (70 calories for both slices!) and spread it on top then cooked for another 3 minutes. YUMMY! The whole thing was under 300 calories!

I also got 10 hours of sleep Friday night into Saturday... OMG, I felt like a new woman!
  • shirayne
    Wow that sounds really good! I just realized I said "( hours" in my last post and I meant to say "9" lol

Last night I got between 8 and 9 so hopefully the fatigue I've been feeling will start to lessen. :)

I'm using fresh parsley in my rice tonight and I had some wild garlic in my pasta last night! :)

Challenge achieved! Now to think of something for the upcoming week!
  • Jinx_Mo
    I think this week's quirky goals should be to be spot on with our eating for at least 4 days and hit our workout goal at least 3 times. Whatcha think? A week of just refocusing or hyper-focusing???
  • shirayne
    Love it! Posting it now!