CF Competitions

Options
tonyalynn26
tonyalynn26 Posts: 49 Member
I have been doing cf for almost 3 years now, it's been an up and down thing! Right before my 1 year anni. I hurt myself, took 3 months off and gained all my weight back!!

Started back, finally found a couple girls that I clicked with and things have been pretty good since then!

We started wodding, lifting, and competing together! I have been pr'ing non-stop!

We have done a couple 3 person team comps, and a few 2 person team comps!!

Finally, this weekend we took a podium spot!! We have been fighting so hard to get to podium!!

We figured this weekend wasn't gonna happen for us, I ended up sick, but sucked it up and competed anyways!!

Just something to keep you going!! To show you when you compete with other girls that are truly at your level, you can hang!!

I was never an athletic person until cf and still I am not sure if I am!!

Replies

• Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the win!
    Totally agree with you. I've just completed Fittest Mum in New Zealand with another mum at my box. I was so focused & dedicated to the training (PR'd all over the place and was looking so good). Then I fell of the wagon because ... well I had no goal. I generally don't like competing because I get so so so nervous. I wish they had more intermediate team competitions where no RX people sneak in - total downer when you know they are RX and they compete in scaled and then clean up.
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Congrats @tonyalynn26 !
  • vkudlock
    vkudlock Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I totally agree I'm getting bored and need a new goal
  • Aviation21
    Aviation21 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am about 3 weeks shy of my first 1 year anniversary doing CF. I am an old athlete and always loved competition but that was never my intention when I started doing CF. I signed up for the Open with the local Boxes and decided I really like competing in this sport too.

I am still debating if I am going to sign up for the Granite Games Qualifier because I know there are so many movements I cannot do yet like OH squats.

https://www.facebook.com/GraniteGames
  • paultassy
    paultassy Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! Love to see women empowering other women!!!

I competed for the first time last weekend. 6 different CrossFit boxes were involved and It was a random draw for teams (2 guys, 2 girls) do you could get to know people from neighboring boxes. It was a fund raiser for CrossFit member to go on an 11 month mission trip to Africa to spread the Word of God. We raised $3,300 which is a drop in the bucket, but I'm sure it still helped with his fund raising efforts!

Anyway, our team, even though we were strangers before this competition, immediately developed a strategy and I could tell we would do great. I was the only one on the team who had never competed before. When it was all said and done, we came in 9th of 20 teams. I was sure that I would slow everyone down, and I still think if they had a woman other than me who had destroyed her shins on box jumps two days prior they would have done better. I was very slow on the box jumps in the WOD because of being scared to hit my shins again.

Sorry to write a novel, but yeah, one day I hope to make it to the podium too!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Competing is a lot of fun. I'm usually finishing last, but I really don't care as long as I'm pushing as hard as I can.

I'm doing our inhouse competition (members only, AM vs. PM) in two weeks, but otherwise I'm going to hold off and really work on some GOATS and losing weight before I compete again.