NS Starters June 2014

Options
ssflbelle2012
ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
Hello to Everyone whom started NS in June 2014 and transferred over to MFP. So far there are 4 of us. I don't know if you know your away around MFP so I did send out an announcement about this group. Let's keep going with what we had on the other site.
z55387af06aeb6.gif
16077007.png
july100_zpsc5e4d3cc.pngjuly40_zpsbda3e1ff.png

Replies

• trooUPnorthe
    trooUPnorthe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am here too!!!!
  • JuneInCharge
    JuneInCharge Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello. Hope the others joint this thread.

June

• ssflbelle2012
    Options
    Welcome Ladies. Glad you found the old group. I know of only one more whom came onto Mfp and she already started a blog. It is Terriblueeyes. I sent her an email also. So hopefully she will join us over here soon. If you have any questions just ask. I'll answer if I can or will find out the answer for you.
  • JuneInCharge
    Options
    Thanks for starting the thread. I checked this morning and the discussion boards are still up and running at NS. There are 250 people on line there - 81 members and 169 guests. I don't know what the usual count is at 7:30 in the morning, but that's quite a few for early in the morning. I think NS is doing themselves a great disservice by shutting down the boards.

Meanwhile, a little bragging - my scale said 169 this morning. My original goal in June was 170. I've now decided my new goal is 145. I'm 61 pounds down from June and 103 pounds from my highest weight. I had to move my car seat forward yesterday because I realized that much of the fat on my butt is gone and I wasn't as forward in the seat anymore - was just touching the gas pedal with the ball of my foot. Little triumphs are sometimes big thrills. :smile:
  • ssflbelle2012
    Options
    Wow that is great new June. It is always nice when the car seat has to be pulled forward. Your doing a great job. Keep going strong.
    As for the NS site the people over there can read but can no longer post anything. So it may be up just for information for awhile.
  • JuneInCharge
    Options
    Probably true, when I checked a while ago over 300 people reading.
  • JuneInCharge
    Options
    Hello, anyone here? Just wanted to update. This morning's weigh in was 167 pounds. I feel like I'm on the home stretch. How are the rest of you doing?
  • ssflbelle2012
    Options
    Good for you June. I had a 1 pound gain this week my weigh in is also on Fridays.
  • JuneInCharge
    Options
    I have periods when I lost 5-6 pounds in 7 to 10 days and then no loss at all for weeks, maybe gain a pound or two and then lose it and go up and down and then suddenly another 5-6 pounds. The staying the same and the fluctuations are frustrating.
  • ssflbelle2012
    Options
    Lost the one pound I gained but not feeling good about this program any more. It is taking tooooo darn long to a pound. I mean in what 7 days it will be a year and to have lost only 40 pounds on this 350+ body is just not enough. I really have no idea what other kind of plan would be better, plus I still have over $300.00 in gift cards to use. I surely thought in a year I would have been below 300 but to be 1 pound below 350 is very disappointing. I hope all of you have a good Memorial Day. As you approach the 1 year mark I hope you all were successful in your journey and happy with the loss.
  • reeves45
    reeves45 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi ssflbelle, I understand how you must feel. Little surprised that you have only lost 40. I so get have been struggling for about a year, utilizing a couple different eating methods. For a couple of months, just gave up. Started at 250, now 221. Was hoping for more, but am greateful that is wasn't a gain.
    Just started nutrisystem last Monday, have been following it religiously, and lost 6 pounds. I quit cheating and not logging it, and actually followed the directions. I am hoping that nutrisystem will take me all the way home to 150.
    When I got discouraged about how long this was taking, I had to be very honest with myself and admit the handful of chips here, a cupcake there and not logging them added up.
    You can do this, it is worth it, at least it was a 40lb loss.
  • JuneInCharge
    Options
    Amanda, what plan are you on? Perhaps you need to go down a few more calories since you're not able to do a lot of physical activity. If I remember correctly, you were on 1800 calories. Maybe you need to go to 1600 or even 1400. Have you gotten your thyroid checked? I know you were talking about getting that done.
    June
  • JuneInCharge
    Options
    Well, today was a disaster. I had a procedure done for hemorrhoids. Of course I had to do liquid only and laxatives and enemas and was dehydrated and empty. Had the procedure done this morning and ever since I've been eating everything in sight. I think I've finally had enough. Had surgery on my arm on Tuesday too - had skin cancer. Nasty big incision on my arm. Rough week overall. Hopefully haven't done too much damage.
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Well, today was a disaster. I had a procedure done for hemorrhoids. Of course I had to do liquid only and laxatives and enemas and was dehydrated and empty. Had the procedure done this morning and ever since I've been eating everything in sight. I think I've finally had enough. Had surgery on my arm on Tuesday too - had skin cancer. Nasty big incision on my arm. Rough week overall. Hopefully haven't done too much damage.

Hi June
    It sounds as if You were overloaded, quite understandable. The trick is to get right back on plan ASAP, Right that instant and not think, I already blew the day, I might as well not worry about it.

FWIW I have been doing some walking lately, now that I can. I think it is helping quite a lot.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • JuneInCharge
    Options
    Thanks Roger. I actually gained 2 pounds but I think it was probably all the sodium in the laxative. After all, I was on a liquid diet for one day and pigged out the next which probably evens out. The calories I ate while "pigging out" probably were about equal to maintenance calories, but a lot more than I usually eat. The surgery went fine and I feel good this morning, although still a bit tired. Back to plan today. :)
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Thanks Roger. I actually gained 2 pounds but I think it was probably all the sodium in the laxative. After all, I was on a liquid diet for one day and pigged out the next which probably evens out. The calories I ate while "pigging out" probably were about equal to maintenance calories, but a lot more than I usually eat. The surgery went fine and I feel good this morning, although still a bit tired. Back to plan today. :)

Hi June
    You could be right, After I had a Colonoscopy I was so hungry I could not wait to eat.

Water weight is a big possibility. Good to hear You feel OK.

Congratulations on getting back to plan too. tmje.gif

Cheers
    Roger
  • ssflbelle2012
    Options
    Amanda, what plan are you on? Perhaps you need to go down a few more calories since you're not able to do a lot of physical activity. If I remember correctly, you were on 1800 calories. Maybe you need to go to 1600 or even 1400. Have you gotten your thyroid checked? I know you were talking about getting that done.
    June

Sorry I disappeared for awhile I was really have some major depression and other personal issues. June when I first started out NS did say 1800 but when the tricycle riding had to stop I lowered myself down to 1500. I did have about 3 times of 2 weeks each when I wasn't on program. Had some gains but lost those gains and more the week after falling off the wagon.

Last Friday I went to the Dr to get a blood workup and talk to the Dr about my health. I do not have all the results yet. But thyroid and diabetes were 2 things I and the Dr are concerned about plus my level of pain. I will be seeing him again on the 11th. He did change my blood pressure meds as the leg cramping was getting very bad and I couldn't stand it any more. He perscribed ExForge but Walmart gave me a generic and last night I had leg cramping again. Walmart never asked me if I wanted generic or not. So they got a phone call and now I have to get the dr to write another perscription

Personal Issues After coming out of the Dr's office I was loading my scooter into the van with the lift and the lift motor blew. For 6 days I had to manually pull out and push in the scooter. It just about killed me, especially the pulling out part. Never realized how difficult that was to do manually. Thank goodness the vertical up and down motor didn't blow. I immediately went to the scooter store and while getting out of the van my hurricane cane broke apart. Can you believe it but wait I am not done yet. Remember things happen in threes. I got home and tried to turn on my computer and there was no power source. Checked all the plugs etc and nothing. Took it to office depot and was told the power source box inside the computer was dead. I had to spend over $700 for everything that went wrong that day. I still do not have the desktop computer power supply. It is due to arrive on Saturday. So that is what has been happening to me lately. I am glad it is June and I do have a BWB arriving tomorrow and I have about $140.00 left in Costo NS cards. Thank goodness for that as I amy be able to replenish some money for my BWB for July. Come Aug I don't know what I will do. Reevaluate the situation, my progress and see what I will do.

Hope you are still going strong and getting toward your goal.
  • ssflbelle2012
    Options

Had I read beyond the question I answered I would have seen you too have had a bad time due to the hemorrhoids and arm surgery. I Hope by now you are doing better. I am sure that 2 pound gain will be off in no time. Don't beat yourself up as it was due mostly to the procedures you had.
  • JuneInCharge
    Options
    Hi Amanda, I've been away from the forum for a few days too. Just busy with other things. Hope we are both over our disaster weeks.

My birthday was yesterday and my husband took me out to dinner and I really went off plan. Back on it today, but over the past two weeks I've put on 5 pounds. Most all of it is water weight. I'm swollen, most noticeably in my hands and ankles, but I'm sure it is all over. Doctor says this is from inflammation. In a couple of weeks I will get my Depo-Medrol injection and all of the extra water weight will disappear. It usually amounts to 6 pounds or so. I start to feel bad all over, soreness, achiness, and swelling when the Depo-Medrol wears off (which it has).

Besides all that, with the surgeries and my arm wound getting infected and all the doctor visits I've been missing a lot of gym time. I went once last week and once the week before. Going to get back to full workouts this week.

June
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi Amanda, I've been away from the forum for a few days too. Just busy with other things. Hope we are both over our disaster weeks.

My birthday was yesterday and my husband took me out to dinner and I really went off plan. Back on it today, but over the past two weeks I've put on 5 pounds. Most all of it is water weight. I'm swollen, most noticeably in my hands and ankles, but I'm sure it is all over. Doctor says this is from inflammation. In a couple of weeks I will get my Depo-Medrol injection and all of the extra water weight will disappear. It usually amounts to 6 pounds or so. I start to feel bad all over, soreness, achiness, and swelling when the Depo-Medrol wears off (which it has).

Besides all that, with the surgeries and my arm wound getting infected and all the doctor visits I've been missing a lot of gym time. I went once last week and once the week before. Going to get back to full workouts this week.

June

Hi June
    I am so sorry to hear about Your Problems. Can they not do the Depo-Medrol when it wears off instead of leaving You hanging like that?

Good Luck
    Roger