Monday Morning Motivator

Options
Land_Rocket
Land_Rocket Posts: 35 Member
Yet again, it's the beginning of the week, and is the one where I like to measure the belly, and hopefully get the weight checked to see if I'm still doing it right.

Of course, now it's on my mind - what did I do this week? Did I have any 'cheat days'? What's happening in the coming days? Are my family visiting? - if they are, they always want to eat out at the local pub. Got to fit it in.

But then I realise.. hang on a minute. Stop panicking.

Maybe I wasn't as good as I should have been. I wasn't perfect.....

But, then again, I can't change the past. The one thing I *can* change is: from this moment onward... the future.

So, I'm not going to beat myself up. I'm going to write down those measurements whatever they are, and now, I'm going to crank up that positive mental attitude.

I tell myself: STOP IT! Stop beating yourself up. You are stronger than this. You can do WHATEVER you want. I *will* achieve my goals. I *will* enjoy myself in future, but I will do so by being sensible. If somebody puts 100 cakes on the table, I'm not expected to mentally take that as a challenge to eat the lot.

I am doing this for myself, because I want to.

And *that* is what matters. I *can*, and I *will*.

Replies

• 9ofthem
    9ofthem Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have had my grown kids all visiting this week. It has been big family meals (13 of us) either at home or out in town. I have been very careful to eat small portions and to just say no. I have been very open with my kids about how my weight loss is mandatory for my health. The only part is when everyone is having drinks in the evening after all the little ones have gone to bed. The older kids want to show me and have me taste their latest favorite ones. I am not a drinker, but the dr approved a glass of wine a day. I still only drink a glass 1 to 3 times a week. This week, it's been nearly every night. Did you know that there's calories in all that alcohol? lol. I am still within my count, but it's not easy.

The other tough part has been trying to keep up with them in all the activities. We have done the new Memphis, TN, USA Bass Pro Shop they put into the Pyramid, the zoo, and many, many late nights. Lack of sleep with more activity is a killer. I'm done in.

I am still enjoying them, but I wish that I was not as worn out from trying to pretend to be "normal." It is gratifying to finally have them as adults and friends. We joke that we had such high standards for friends that we had to grow our own. lol.

A good thing happened since last week. My husband got a new job and starts June 1st. His current manufacturing plant is closing this fall and I was worried. Only problem is we have to start our medical insurance deductible all over again in the middle of the year. ugh. I have dr appointments that will have to be put off until we can afford them. Insurance is a love/hate relationship for me.
  • Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an excellent week!
  • Land_Rocket
    Land_Rocket Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well, it's now Thursday.. Some wobbling on the tracks admittedly (forgot about an accessibility conference on Wednesday, so didn't have anything prepared to take away with me). Ended up nibbling my way through 5(!) chocolate cookies - not bad over 8 hours, but bad planning on my behalf.

However, didn't binge when I got back, just kept thinking sensible.... At the minute I'm on track for a small loss this week, and I'm happy with that. Small loss is still a million times better than gaining 2kg in my book.

Anyone ever noticed how that happens with Chinese food? Took me ages to find out it was because of the volumes of salt that tends to be in it makes you retain water. Which, has other consequences when you're disabled.... ARGH!!!!

Mini-rant over :)
  • 9ofthem
    9ofthem Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    In this, any loss is a great gain. :)

I have a daughter (19) that has this personality that Has to feed people. She is terrible when she bakes cookies. She goes around the house putting cookies in everyone's face, trying to get them to eat. A very big danger with dieting. lol.

I ran out of my normal diuretic a couple of days ago. Fluid retention deluxe! I had to use my back up of a different kind that is not as good due to side effects. I can easily fluctuate 5-10lbs in fluid in a day. Dr still can't figure out what causes that for me. We have looked at it from every angle and it is just not identifiable. As long as we can control it, I'm ok. I am still waiting on my meds to come in the mail. Always seems like forever.

Hubby has been off this week and the kids all went places today. So he and I worked on cleaning out the barn/shed today. I just said what had to go to charity, to trash, to burn, and back on the shelf. He did all the actual work. I am still sore though. It is such a good feeling to have things organized. We may have to move closer with the new job. This is getting the place as ready for that as possible. I just like it cleaned. lol. I was pretty mobile today, but now I am so sore that sleep may be more than difficult.