What is the first step?

Lisanotoriginal
Lisanotoriginal Posts: 36 Member
Is talking about their weight issue the first step or just making a healthy change? I am stressed out over how to help my daughter lose weight. Any suggestions for the first place to start?

Replies

• npprincess25
    npprincess25 Posts: 1 Member
    I am dealing with a similar issue with my daughter, although she is younger. She has gained over 20 lbs in a years time, which puts her in the obese category. The recommendation from her pediatrician is that we start with increasing physical activity - like maybe a walk after dinner or a family game of soccer. Maybe even a Zumba session together.
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Oh I'm glad I found this group! I have a long story, but in a nutshell: I'm raising my stepdaughter(13). Her nightmare of a mother is generally not around, her dad ( my husband) is present everyday, but kinda clueless on teens, girls, health, etc... So I'm stepping it up huge with lots of effort in getting us both healthier and working out more. It's so so very hard. Today is likely not even a good day to comment, b/c this mornings early walk nearly killed me. Wayyy too little sleep, both crabby and tired....I absolutely would have skipped if it was just me. But I know I have to for her.