Food Frenemies

Options
shanteel612
shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
edited May 2015 in Social Groups
My food frenemy is chips. I have a love/hate relationship with chips. I know for me I only last so long on a healthy eating plan when I vow to stop forever eating my frenemies like chips. But now that I realize that I have a twisted relationship with chips I can better plan our meetings.
  • Eat only a set number of times per week to quench my thirst
  • Eat from a bowl instead of a bag
  • Realize that if I want this relationship to change it can. I don't have to let chips be my weakness. I can just like them and choose to partake sometimes.
So what are your food frenemies and what is your long term plan for creating a better relationship for now and forever more?

Replies

• barbhat13
    barbhat13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Candy and sweets....... Try not to have any in the house...... Using dried apricots and frozen yogurt bars as sweets..... Chips.... I only buy portion control snacks..... Or weigh each serving and then log each portion..... Eating in front of the TV or reading are two habits I am working on.... This week goal is to eat only at dining room table....

• classysassy4ever70
    classysassy4ever70 Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Food in general for me! I love to eat & especially if I'm stressed out! Comfort with anything type of food. I am learning to have more Veggies & Fruit handy & if that doesn't kill the craving, I go for protein. I always have something handy in the fridge these days. Loving food is my Frenemy! :'(
  • 2014june
    2014june Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    My weakness is biscuits .
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Cookies and ice cream! I haven't had either since I started my program! I am afraid I eat 1 and can't stop! Cold turkey for me !
  • shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Cookies and ice cream! I haven't had either since I started my program! I am afraid I eat 1 and can't stop! Cold turkey for me !
    . Omg, I used to be an ice cream freak. I stopped most dairy and it was easier stopping cheese but it was so difficult stopping ice cream. So I completely understand the need to cold turkey.