How is your journey so far? Any NSV or new goals?

Options
jorinya
jorinya Posts: 933 Member
Hi ladies,
Thought I'd ask how you all are doing today? Anyone taken up my May challenge?

Well today I resisted my husbands birthday cake which is sitting in the fridge temption me but I overcame the urge to eat it. Also my new goal is to help women here in Nigeria to lose some weight and get healthy.
Can't wait to sit down later and draw up my plans, recipies and programme. Its gonna be fun!

Replies

• JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Right now, I'm focusing on getting back to my original goals. I've had some processed items slip back into my lifestyle and it's caused some problems with meeting my goals. This week, I'm simply working to get everything back to where it should be. That requires meal planning, plan execution and focus.
  • jorinya
    Options
    Today I completed Day 2 of 30 Day Shred and I used heavier weights. I felt like crap but continued. I didn't quit when normally I would have done. This 35 year old woman is feeling like 25 again.
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    jorinya wrote: »
    Today I completed Day 2 of 30 Day Shred and I used heavier weights. I felt like crap but continued. I didn't quit when normally I would have done. This 35 year old woman is feeling like 25 again.

Way to go!
  • HappyNinjaStar
    HappyNinjaStar Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    While I'm feeling thoroughly frustrated on the weight front, I'm doing well with my goals. I completed week 3 day 3 of couch to 5k today, and I've completed all but one day of a 30-day plank challenge (9 days in). Additionally I feel like my choice in food is getting healthier and I'm having an easier time keeping my net calories between 1200 and 1350.
  • jorinya
    Options
    While I'm feeling thoroughly frustrated on the weight front, I'm doing well with my goals. I completed week 3 day 3 of couch to 5k today, and I've completed all but one day of a 30-day plank challenge (9 days in). Additionally I feel like my choice in food is getting healthier and I'm having an easier time keeping my net calories between 1200 and 1350.

@HappyNinjaStar, try reducing your carb intake and increase your protein rich food and veggies. See if that works. Or try dropping to 1000 cals again with protein and veg and very little carbs for two weeks. Either should work. But try your usual with less carbs first. If no decrease in weight on your 1200 - 1350 drop to the 1000 cal and try that. Let me know if that works.
  • lgies2758
    lgies2758 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Question: what is NSV
  • JMarcella57
    edited May 2015
    Options
    lgies2758 wrote: »
    Question: what is NSV

NSV = Non-scale Victories.

My NSV for today is that I did not stop at the really cool grocery store on the way to our camper. Instead, I brought healthy, pre-cooked food for the day and I'm enjoying it.