Set goals and say hi!

Options

Replies

• kikalique
    kikalique Posts: 52 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Kaitlin. I've been on MFP for a couple of years, but after running 2 half-marathons this year and training like a beast, I've been in a cycle of declining motivation. This short challenge is perfect to get me back in the swing of things.

Goal #1: Exercise 4x a week (2x bodypump class, 2x running)
    Goal #2: Reach 7500 steps everyday
    Goal #3: Log food, exercise, and water every day

I'd like to lose 5lbs in the next 3 weeks. There's a lot more to lose after that, but for now I just need the jumpstart. Feel free to friend me, I'll add you back! :)
  • MzLaLa29
    MzLaLa29 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kaitlin!
  • sherm98
    sherm98 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Chamarlyn. I lost about 20 pounds last year and I am 3.4 pounds short of my starting weight now. Somewhere around Thanksgiving I got off track and need an extra push to get back on it.

Goals:

Goal #1: Drink only water, with the exception of 1 cup of coffee per day if wanted,
    Goal#2: Stay green with food and log every morsel that enters my mouth. I have a streak of 625 on MFP but I didn't always log my food and when I did it wasn't everything.
    Goal #3: Exercise at least 15 times in the 21 days (already completed for today)
    Goal #4: Increase my steps (I don't have a activity monitor -gave up on Upband; waiting for apple watch, but I will track as much as I can)
    Goal: Lose 10 pounds doing all of the above

Height: 5'0
    Weight: 183
    Ultimate Goal weight: 140
    Goal by end of challenge: 173
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Cheryl. I am on day 28 of my goal to log EVERYTHING I eat everyday for at least 30 days! Woo Hoo!For this challenge I want to up my exercise routine-I used to swim 5 days a week and have only been going about once a week, so I hope to work back up to 5 days of strong exercise each week!
  • MzLaLa29
    Options
    Hey Chamarlyn!!!! That's my cousin ya'll lol Her motto is, "if you bite it, you write it!" Mustard, cough drops, tic tacs, EVERYTHING!

If you're new to MFP try the barcode feature on the app to log snacks. I log gum, M&Ms, etc. You might be surprised...
  • Kramer012
    Kramer012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Kaitlin (Kikalique) I was wondering what your running regiment is? I just started running, and am trying to push myself to do a 5k or even a half marathon in the future. I went out the other day and ran 3 slow (11 min) miles without stopping. I would like to increase my speed, which will come with practice, but also my distance. Any recommendations?

• 4realthistime1
    4realthistime1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello, Erika here! Would like to loose 10 lbs. Drink more water, move more and cut down on sugar intake.
  • MzLaLa29
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Welcome Cheryl and Erika!
  • MzLaLa29
    Options
    MzLaLa29 wrote: »
    I'm Charita aka MzLaLa29

Green - log meals daily and stay GREEN
    Goals - Drink 94oz of water daily
    Move - take 6,000 steps and log one workout daily

Starting weight: 194
    Goal weight: 184

I'm going to revise my water intake to 64oz. I'm using the aqualert app on my phone to keep track. It suggested 92oz but I normally drink NONE. I'm going to be more realistic as I feel as though I'm about to pop! lol
  • kikalique
    kikalique Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Kramer012 wrote: »
    Hi Kaitlin (Kikalique) I was wondering what your running regiment is? I just started running, and am trying to push myself to do a 5k or even a half marathon in the future. I went out the other day and ran 3 slow (11 min) miles without stopping. I would like to increase my speed, which will come with practice, but also my distance. Any recommendations?

Hi Kramer,

If you ran 3 miles without stopping then you are in great shape! When I started, I used the couch to 5k app because I was not able to run for even five minutes without stopping. I'm not a fast runner at all; I focus more on distance and stamina. I like the Hal Higdon plans for all race distances. Most weeks involve 6 workouts- typically 2 short runs during the week, 2-3 cross training or strength training days, and 1 long run on the weekend. The best recommendation is to find a plan and regimen that you can stick to based on your schedule. Know that you can adapt plans as needed for your schedule and your goals. For example, my weeks were pretty busy, so I was rarely able to get the short runs in for the full amount (when training for a half marathon, short runs were still 5-6 miles!!), but I made an effort to at least run for 30 minutes. My half marathon time may not have been as fast as I wanted, but I finished! I'm happy to provide support or share resources I found useful as you start running more. Oh, and buy good running shoes if you don't have a pair already. Your knees will thank you.
  • nadoutchi
    nadoutchi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    hi I m nadia !! i would love to lose as many kilos as i can !! i want to push myself as possible as i can !! but 6 kilos wouldbe perfect for me to lose in 21 days ( sorry abouts talking kilos cause i dont know the pound version :p ) starting weight : 74 kl
    goal weight (end of 21 days ) : 68 kl
    ultimate goal weight : 60 kilos !!
    Good luck guys :smiley:
  • teresaglz21
    teresaglz21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hello,

My name is Teresa and i currently am at my heaviest at 302
  • teresaglz21
    teresaglz21 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Huh the rest didn't post.
    Goals:
    Drink water
    Walk 3 times a week
    log everything everyday
    And stay green.
    Hopefully lose 5-10 pounds
  • ddif
    ddif Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Dawn

CW 209.7
    GW 130
    For challenge: lose 10lbs

Drink at least 64oz water daily
    Track food.
    Walk at least 2 miles per day.
    Do at least one ab workout daily
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options

Thank you.Its good to be here-Im glad you started this group :)
  • MzLaLa29
    Options

Thank you.Its good to be here-Im glad you started this group :)

Not a problem Cheryl. We could all use a little help.

Welcome Dawn, Teresa and Nadia!
  • OliviaMG1
    OliviaMG1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Olivia. I also have been struggling to stay motivated. I have been on MFP for quite some time & have been pretty consistent with logging. However, I tend to get lazy at the end of the day & those evening calories add up! Also, fitness wise...I ran my first full marathon last year. The training regimen spoiled running for me. I am digging deep to rekindle that love affair.

Goal #1: Lose 11 lbs from today's weight. Lofty, but doable ( I am retaining quite a bit of water)
    Goal #2: Drink 80 oz. water daily.
    Goal #3: strength train 3x per week.

SW: 171 ugh...that hurts even to type
    GW: 160

Anyone feel free to add me too!
  • sherm98
    sherm98 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi Olivia. I'm impressed that you have done a marathon. I want to run a half and started training last fall and stopped. The summer in SC is not the time to begin training for something like that. It's still on my bucket list.
  • tyb03
    tyb03 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Ty. I just want to overall stay motivated & committed to a healthy lifestyle. My weight yoyos because I yoyo on & off of making healthy choices & working out. For some reason, I struggle with committing long term. My overall weight loss goal would be to weigh 150 which would actually still be overweight for me because I'm short, but I just want to be healthy. I don't care to be skinny. I have a ways to go & am hoping to have dropped a decent amount by my 30th bday in Aug.
  • MzLaLa29
    Options
    Welcome Ty! I agree. I'm 4' 11" and based on BMI I'm supposed to weigh 119lbs. No thanks lol I'll shoot for healthy and toned