Season 2 - Weekly Results

Options
akenesson
akenesson Posts: 88 Member
~ Week 0 / Starting Positions ~

MFPSeason2Week0_zpse06a64db.gif

Pre-checkin, it appears some people went up, some went down... If you went down, congratulations! If you went up, fear not, we haven't started yet, and now is your time! I, somewhat comically, noted that most of the Season One'ers (all but FlaxMilk) gained a few pounds, I cant speak for the group, but I for one enjoyed the 2 week vacation and am ready to get back to work!

~ Awards ~
The award this week clearly goes to The Shrinking Violets, for being the only team to have ALL 6 members check in!!! Great work!!!

For those teams that are missing check-ins, without a valid starting point it would be unfair to count their progress this week. So unless I get a checkin in the next 24 hours, they will begin next week [all 3 people (will) have been messaged]. And fear not, if they fail to make next weeks checkin I'll work to find replacements.

And of course I gotta give FlaxMilk credit for staying on course in the "off season"... Congrats!

Replies

• akenesson
    Options
    ~ Week 1 Results ~

MFPSeason2-Week1_zps264b7225.gif

Week one had its ups and downs, and some of them were massive. Luckily for all there were more losses than gains, but both were to be expected going into week 1 of a competition: water weight, dieting changes, stress, and a few sicknesses going around all played their roles.

"By the books" the Hustling Humdingers won the week, with an average of missing goal by 0.5 pounds per person. But the Shrinking Violets also had an amazing week with 2 people losing over 4 pounds! Even Team 2 had a great showing, with no major flops.

~ Advice ~
    My advice for the teams going forward, is to remind them that this is a team event... If you did well, that's great... But one reason we all joined this competition is for some extra motivation and accountability. If there was someone on your team that had a bad week, work to get them back on track, maybe friend them and check in on them this week, help them out and keep them positively motivated!

And if you were one of those people... Don't fret! Slips and plateaus will happen... Its only through dedication and perseverance that they will be overcome... Don't give up!!!

~ Awards ~
    This week 2 people really stood out, WillowFrosty of The Shrinking Violets and TammyLynne71 of Team 2, losing 5.2 and 8.4 pounds respectively!!! HOLY COW!!! Keep up the good work!!! RTDIce also gets an honorable mention for losing 4.2 pounds!

And again a thank you to both the Hustling Humdingers and The Shrinking Violets for a 100% weigh-in response, and making my job easier!

Edit: I weighed in at 295.0, but am too lazy to redo the images, sorry ;)
  • mrty953
    mrty953 Posts: 26
    Options
    I guess I am not understanding this challenge. I thought you put your start in weight which was 168.8 on week 1 Monday June 10 and then my weigh in on week 2 June 17 was 166.7 so I am thinking a loss of 2.1 lbs for week 2 but according to chart it has nothing for me. Please explain this to me was the first weigh in on June 3 or 10? Thankyou
  • akenesson
    Options
    Last week was the starting weigh-ins, this week was the first week of competition... Your starting weight was 168.8, and your goal was 166.8 a 2 pound loss (most people's are). You weighted in at 166.7 (Actual). That's a 2.1 pound loss! Congratulations!

Since progress (for health reasons) is capped at 2 pounds per week, you made your goal, and the difference between your goal, and your actual weight, is 0.0 [its actually -0.1, a but again, only 2 pounds per week are credited to each person].

Readers Digest Version: the "Diff" column is the difference between your actual weight and your goal weight (minimum 0), Not, as some may interpret it, the difference in last weeks weight and this weeks weight...

I want people to be motivated to look forward, previous weeks are ancient history [both good and bad], let the focus be on making next week's goal!

Additionally, this past week was the first week of the competition... the weigh-in that was scheduled before that week (June 10th) was just to re-establish everyone's base line, as for some it had been 2+ weeks since they had signed up for the competition...

We are entering Week 2 now....
  • mrty953
    mrty953 Posts: 26
    Options
    Thanks for explaining this :smile:
  • akenesson
    Options
    Been a busy week, I PROMISE Ill post results by 10PM EST today!
  • akenesson
    Options
    ~ Week 2 Results ~

MFPSeason2-Week2_zps64a65a49.gif

Sorry this is so late, about 10 too many people have been taking off from work and Ive been stuck at the office way too much recently!

First and foremost, to the Hustling Humdingers and Shrinking Violets great job checking in! both teams had a 100% weigh in rate... For the Eager Beavers, hang in there and try to stay motivated! Ill keep searching for fresh blood this weekend for you; but until then, know that with your reduced numbers your successes (and consequently your slips) are magnified...

~ Awards ~
    As a team, on average the Hustling Humdingers are this weeks winner... Losing more weight per person than any of the other teams. But the individual stars this week are LeaRose26, Varuca1, and AshleyBB123, losing 2.7-2.6 pounds each!

Keep each other motivated and on track! Remember this is a team event, if you're having a good week, great, but also help your teammates do the same!

Good luck to everyone in Week 3!
  • akenesson
    Options
    MFPSeason2-Week3and4_zpsef8a903c.gif

We're almost at half time and its anyone's game, don't get discouraged, keep motivating each other, and strive for your own personal success!!!

((And ignore the "Current Weight" section, I have not updated that, my apologies))

~ Awards ~

There's no bones about it, the entire Eager Beavers team had a phenomenal showing over the past two weeks only missing goal by 2.9 pounds over both weeks! that's amazing!!!

Individual congratulations go to Willow_Raine for breaking through her own plateau, and crossing under the 300 mark for the first time in months. And additionally to RTD_Ice for having the best individual performance over the past two weeks losing 3.5 pounds!
  • akenesson
    Options
    ~ Weeks 5 and 6 ~

MFPSeason2-Week5and6_zps9d27ec82.gif

Weeks 5 and 6 had a lot of maintenance weigh-ins! Which considering this is prime travel season, July 4th journeys, and filled with a lot of hot weather, barbeques, and other temptations, that's not all that bad...

Stay strong everyone and keep positive, motivated and losing!

I've cleaned out a lot of the repeat offenders for missing weigh-ins, which really slimemd down some teams, Team 2 included. That said, we have 2 new contestants entering the fray! I've put them on the Eager Beavers to try to fill them back out...

~ Awards ~
    Week 5, the Shrinking Violets had a full report, and for that I thank you! Lintilo and Varuca1 both made goal, and deserve honorable mention!

In week 6, While suffering from attrition the Eager Beavers have a VERY strong Week 6 and deserves the award for best team