Introduce Yourself!

Options
chubbard9
chubbard9 Posts: 565 Member
edited May 2015 in Social Groups
Hello there :)
This will be our main thread for all new members of the group to introduce themselves!

I am Christine, and I am 22years old. I have struggled with my weight since the beginning of High School in 2006. I Yo-Yo'd from 160-180 throughout high school, despite being on the Track Team and Cross Country Team. In my senior year, my father passed a way, and due to my depression, I gained an additional 40lbs. 220 was my highest weight until the beginning of this year. I started at 248.8 on February 17th, and currently weigh 217. I weigh all my food, track my weight daily, and exercise whenever possible.

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm happy to be a part of this group and hope that we have a lot of active members (or even a few is great)!

I am Rae and I'm 55 years young. I have yo-yo'd my entire life gaining and losing the same 20-30 pounds since junior high school. I have dieted and lost, but then gained it back over and over. I'm tired of this pattern and I want to lose this time for good and keep it off!

I started MFP mid-January 2015 and I have lost 13.5 pounds so far. That is not a fast loss, but going in the right direction so I'm happy. I have had many weeks with no loss, but I have lost inches so that's progress!

I log my food daily and my diary is open to friends, so friend me if you're interested. I eat primarily the Mediterranean diet and try to stay gluten-free because I feel better that way. I also exercise 5-6 days a week doing a mix of cardio, strength training and yoga.
  • blitzbis
    blitzbis Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I'm Cindy and I thought I was fat in high school and now would kill to be that weight again. I ache to lose another 20lbs before we take my parents on a cruise for their 50th anniversary. I see my mother and sister struggling with health issues (knee replacements and simply getting winded walking around the house) and I refuse this to be me. I have been working out for 3 years now (mostly on than off) but never really changed my eating habits until Feb of this year. I did really well for 60 days then have slacked off and see myself gradually adding back in the foods that helped me get here.
    I'm determined but need some extra boosts.
    Thanks