Introductions - New to the group

Options
fry5150
fry5150 Posts: 34 Member
Just found this group and was wondering where everyone is from and favorite ride? I am from CO and like to fide from Frisco to top of Vail. good climb all on a bike path so you don't have to worry about highway traffic.

Replies

• denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You'll find quite a few of us Coloradans in the group. I guess my favorite ride is the Highline Canal. Not challenging in the least, but it's a magical little world in the middle of the city.
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Eastern/Central NC here. I like to ride... nothing that would impress you Coloradans. :smiley:
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,683 Member
    Options
    Welcome Aboard... I'm one of the UK based regulars on here. As to favourite ride? Simple - "The Next One".
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm from Texas and my favorite ride is any and all new rides. :) I mainly do off roading and am very limited on trails around good ol' East Texas. The highways here can be very dangerous for road cycling because the teenagers around here are notorious for driving in the ditches (and aiming at cyclists :( ).
  • veloman21
    veloman21 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a Brit that now lives in hills of western NC. We don't have nearly the altitude of the Rockies but even at 6,000'+ elevation it's a beautiful place to ride :) Check out some of our many MFP challenges that run at various times throughout the year. They are great fun and highly motivating.
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I live in NE Florida. I love riding along the highway next to the beach (nice, wide shoulder gives us plenty of room to share the road with motorists) and hitting some of our local mtb trails.
    My favorite ride ever was Moose Mountain in Lutsen, MN. Yep, at 1690 ft above sea level, they call it a mountain.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I'm a Texan, now living in Northwest Arkansas. I love riding here in the foothills of the Ozarks- lots of hills and pretty scenery. My favorite riding place when by myself is at my local National Park.
  • faugsu
    faugsu Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Greetings! I'm in Atlanta. I enjoy St Mtn, the Silver Comet Trail & 2 routes to the Chattahoochee River from my house, best early on Saturday to avoid traffic. Both climb the last 6 miles back to my house-how fun is that?!?!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Hey hey! First Canuck posting here! I live in the Toronto, Ontario region. Dead - freaking - flat. I'd be lucky if I can get a climb longer than 100' in elevation.

I'm mostly working on commuting now, but whenever I see a dirt trail, I can't help but ride down it.
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    East Central Arizona here, but originally from Portland. Favorite ride is from there, Hillsboro to Banks-Vernonia Trail to Stub Stewart and back - some gravel, some road lots of wide open spaces. Here though, pretty much love it all, high desert, pine forest, gravel, dirt and road, it's all goodf.
  • ToughMudderAddict
    ToughMudderAddict Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hello from WA! I'm looking forward to another fun filled ride from Seattle to Portland this year!
  • fry5150
    Options
    Thanks for all the comments. I look forward to sharing my riding adventures with you all.
  • fry5150
    Options
    Hello from WA! I'm looking forward to another fun filled ride from Seattle to Portland this year!

I bet that would be a great ride. I actually was born and raised in WA (out on the peninsula).
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    welcome fry5150 :smile: I live and ride in upstate NY, in the Hudson Valley region. Lots of great terrain here for road and mountain riding!

Let me guess; VH music fan?
  • fry5150
    Options
    Archon2 wrote: »
    welcome fry5150 :smile: I live and ride in upstate NY, in the Hudson Valley region. Lots of great terrain here for road and mountain riding!

Let me guess; VH music fan?

That I am.
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    fry5150 wrote: »
    That I am.

B)

• Nnaska
    Nnaska Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    I'm also new. Atlanta, GA area. I am somewhat new to cycling. I ride a Specialized mountain bike where I should be on a road bike...saving my pennies for a Dolce Sport!
  • tonybalony01
    tonybalony01 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Welcome, @Nnaska
    How's the riding int ATL?
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Welcome @Nnaska!
  • Davide0910
    Davide0910 Posts: 10 Member
    Options