Forefoot runners ....

Options
2»

Replies

• ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody ! Just to update, I went to a running store and bought the asics lyte 33 II ... Awesome shoe, just did a 4.3 mile run right now.. extremely light, comfortable and with a lot of cushioning for its weight...

By the way, I read a lot of reviews at this site :
    www.runningshoesguru.com/‎

And after I searched them at the store and tested by myself ....

Good site! Thanks for posting that link.

Did you notice the change in heel-toe drop (10mm in the Kayano vs 6 in the Lyte)?
  • ATT949
    Options
    I've been doing longer runs in prep for a Half in a month. 9 miles on Wed (6 @ HMP) and 13.1 yesterday (HMP-60 which was too fast, I realize) and, in the last mile, I had significant pain in the sole of my left foot.

I'm not sure of the mileage on the Gravity (100-200) but I was surprised how much I was feeling the impact. I'm a mid-foot runner and I run pretty "light" (I average 88 SPM at LR pace and >= 92 at HMP) but maybe I'm a little heavy for my size as a runner (6' 1" and 178).

Might be time to lose more weight…

Damn! It just hit me.

Of course a shoe named "Gravity" is gonna hit hard! Anyone know of a shoe called "Helium"? ;-)

[time passes]
    214 miles on the Gravity
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I mostly run in 0mm drop shoes or barefoot.

Among my 0mm drop shoes (I own many) my favorite is the Vibram Bikila or for cold weather the Merrell Sonic Glove

I do own the Saucony Kinvara 3 and a couple of other 4mm drop shoes that I wear occasionally for variety

In a few months I will be using the Vibam Bikila for my first marathon. Eventually I would like to run marathons barefoot.

I have never experienced any injuries from running (aside from some blisters).
  • fabiomuralha
    fabiomuralha Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody ! Just to update, I went to a running store and bought the asics lyte 33 II ... Awesome shoe, just did a 4.3 mile run right now.. extremely light, comfortable and with a lot of cushioning for its weight...

Did you notice the change in heel-toe drop (10mm in the Kayano vs 6 in the Lyte)?

Actually I didn't. Maybe that happened because I'm striking the ground with my mid-foot and the heel barely touch the ground.
  • ATT949
    Options

Actually I didn't. Maybe that happened because I'm striking the ground with my mid-foot and the heel barely touch the ground.

That's great!

In that you're touching down the heel, you're still dropping your foot that little bit extra and some folks have a "break in" period.

I started in Nike Equalons:

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/NIK1296/mens-nike-zoom-equalon-4

http://www.runpals.com/nike-zoom-equalon-4.html

and went to Newtons when I wore out the midsoles.

And here's what I used when we ran in jump school in the Army - hoo ah!

http://www.corcoranandmatterhorn.com/ItemDisplay.asp?Style=1500&CategoryID=28

I like my Gravity much, much better! :-)
  • WebbyShoo
    WebbyShoo Posts: 115
    Options
    Ordered shoes from www.runningshoewarehouse.com saved $100 in difference from buying retail including shipping cost to Canada and it came in 2 days! Yay new shoes, now I will have 2 new pairs added to my rotation.... Hehehehehe.