Gym Bag Remmendations

Options
tonyalynn26
tonyalynn26 Posts: 49 Member
I having been searching and searching for the perfect to me gym back! I would like to have that has a shoe compartment, but if big enough I could do without. I carry a lot of stuff and I would just like a cute bag to carry it all in!

What kinda bag do you have to carry all your crossfit gear?

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I use a backpack, it has a two big pockets, one I can use for shoes, the other for my jumprope, gloves, lacrosse ball, band, etc.

• bethlivi
    bethlivi Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm saving up for a king kong bag...with two shoe compartments. <3
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I just have a regular Adidas gym bag. Similar to this one:
    jhd6p0.jpg
  • mccraee
    mccraee Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am an old fashioned duffle bag girl. Mine is 25+ years old. It has an old fishing fly stuck in the side. That bag has been some fun places on our travels. I wish I knew how many times it's been to a box or gym.

I use a spike bag for my shoes. Another for my dirty/smelly stuff after. They wash very easily since they are seperate
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    bethlivi wrote: »

I was perfectly content with my cheap bag from Amazon...until I googled this. Why did you have to post this?!? MUST ORDER NOW!
  • bethlivi
    Options
    I KNOW RIGHT?!?!
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I so want a King Kong bag. But they are so expensive. I have a cheap target bag and a couple of cinch sacks for they extra shoes.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    bethlivi wrote: »

My wife got me one for my birthday. They are nice, but the shoe pockets aren't very breathable....so make sure when you get home you unzip everything and let them air out. Otherwise foul smells will greet you next time you open them.

https://kingkongapparel.com/shop/king-kong-gym-bag/

Great bag, tons of room for all my stuff.

I use the big shoe bag for my lifting shoes, the smaller for my NB Minimus (general WOD shoes) and throw my running shoes in the bigger main compartment. I have my speedrope coiled and stored in a 2 gallon ziploc bag (keeps it from getting tangled up with everything else and the three outside pockets have my wrist wraps, wrist straps (which I never use, but just in case) and my headphones for doing cardio.

• Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I've got this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nike-Mens-Brasilia-Small-Duffel/dp/B00DBKO89U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1432024106&sr=8-1&keywords=nike+gym+bag

I find you can never really go wrong with Nike. It has two shoe compartments, one has breathable mesh but the other doesn't, and enough room for a towel, change of clothes, hair dryer and massive toiletry bag.

My Oly shoes, wrist wraps and jump rope go in the breathable shoe compartment. The other usually ends up full of shaker/water bottles

• Keladelphia
    Options
    My zipper broke on my bag this week (good enough excuse for me ha-ha) so I bought the King Kong. A discount code for 10% off CFBoards10 worked incase anyone else ends up buying one.
  • bethlivi
    Options
    I totally thought I wanted a King Kong and then I ended up getting a Datsusara hemp MMA bag. My husband thinks it looks like I'm going to combat because it's all black (I'm more of a neon girl haha) but I love love love all the pockets. :-)
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    That was my second choice. Just didn't want to go all black.

@KellyAnn1286 King Kong zippers are guaranteed for like 25 years.
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    Glad to know I shouldn't have that problem this time around then