Favorite Distance

Options
13»

Replies

• KOW75
    KOW75 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Half marathon. You feel like you have really accomplished something, but aren't too wiped out to do something tomorrow.
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Litsy I lost faith in Age Grading when I started running the Dirt Dog XC series here in San Diego. I would have an Age Grade of 70+% which is supposed to be "regional level" and was finishing outside the top 5 in my age group. The only reason I even use it is because we use it as a variable in determining Runner of the Year points at my running club.
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    5ks are my favorite! To be able to push yourself for those 3 miles...it's exhilarating! 10Ks are my least favorite. I still feel the need to push myself to go "fast", but for twice as long...no thank you. Half is my longest distance and I haven't been well-trained going into one yet so it's still an uncomfortable distance for me. I did enjoy the one 10 mile race I completed.
  • rightoncommander
    rightoncommander Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    5k because if you hold anything back, you're doing it wrong. 10k is the same but twice the distance, so it hurts more! I've done 2 marathons, and it's too far! My body just falls apart at around 21 miles. Looking forward to my first half in the autumn, seems like a well-liked distance.