Spirit of the Marathon II

Options
DavidMartinez2
DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
Is anyone else going to see Spirit of the Marathon II tonight? I set up a dinner and movie night for my running club. I loved the first movie and I think this one is going to be even better.

Replies

• MartinaNYC
    MartinaNYC Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'd love to go but I'm volunteering for the Corporate Challenge in Central Park later this afternoon and the only show time here in NYC seems to be 7PM... bummer! I LOVED the first one and I'll probably love this one even more because it takes place in Rome, where I was born and raised ;)
  • ajzmann
    ajzmann Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I didn't know there was going to be a second one! I just had to check it out, looks like it's playing everywhere in Chicago only at 7 p.m. tonight. I am trying to convince my husband to take me!
  • DavidMartinez2
    Options
    Tonight at 7pm is the only time it is showing
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    I am bummed its only playing tonight at 7 when I will be flying cross country to run a marathon this weekend! I might have to just rewatch the first one on the plane!
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I will be seeing it. therunningstories.com set me up with free tickets if I review it for their site. Very excited.
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    What channel is it on?
  • Estrada262
    Estrada262 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Will be checking it out in Chicago with all my Team World Vision teammates. There will be a 20 minute short film about our team at the end of the movie. Should be awesome!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the first one on DVD and it brought tears to my eyes that I am in that ''club''...It will never ever be screened or shown in the UK so I'll wait for the DVD release for the second movie..I can't wait to see it.
  • DavidMartinez2
    Options
    What channel is it on?
    No channel, theaters tonight only. http://www.marathonmovie.com/ to find a theater near you.
  • ajzmann
    ajzmann Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    So, for those of you that went, how was it???
  • DavidMartinez2
    Options
    I was a little disappointed. It was good but I did not form the same connection with the runners as I did with the first one. They changed the way they sequenced the movie which I think played a part. Also it was 1:40 minutes long, they could have given us 3 more minutes with each runner and came in at 2:01. Apparently there was a piece after the credits I missed also.