Charge HR - Accuracy seems good (calories)

Options
aComputerHero
aComputerHero Posts: 20 Member
I do a pretty good job logging food honestly with everything logged and minimal guesswork. I wear my Fitbit always (except showers) and charge it while driving.

So anyway, between 4/23 and 5/13 I lost exactly 10 lbs. This is a little faster than most experts recommend (though I'm happy) and if you believe the internet, that equates to a 35,000 calorie deficit.

So I logged into my MFP account and added up all of the calories I ate those 20-some days, and subtracted this from the total calories that my fitbit says I burned.

That number is 39016. Only 11% off.

That to me is amazingly accurate for a gizmo strapped to my wrist.

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Agreed.

I just used my Fitbit weekly reports to analyze my deficit and weight loss from 2/22 to 5/10. I show a deficit of 43940, which should have given me a loss of 12.55 pounds. I "only" lost 10.6 pounds - a deficit of 37100. So, I've got a higher inaccuracy than you - 18.4%. But that's still only 89 calories a day. I could easily be off by that much on my food logging, despite attempting to be good about it.

Starting tomorrow, I'm going to put a "Quick Add Calories" entry of 100 calories every day into my MFP diary. That should take care of the discrepancy.