Charge HR not fitting!

Options
jolenematthews
jolenematthews Posts: 15 Member
I just bought a Fitbit Charge HR. I used the guide where you put your wrist to see what size you need and bought a large, but when I got it home and started using it discovered that you have to wear it higher up on your arm during workouts and mine doesn't fit :'( I'm trying to figure out what I can do about that.....any ideas?

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Exchange it?
  • jolenematthews
    Options
    The stores around here that have Fitbit only carry up to large and online the XL is back ordered until July.
  • hillmike56
    hillmike56 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    fitbit.com has a support page.
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I just bought a Fitbit Charge HR. I used the guide where you put your wrist to see what size you need and bought a large, but when I got it home and started using it discovered that you have to wear it higher up on your arm during workouts and mine doesn't fit :'( I'm trying to figure out what I can do about that.....any ideas?

If your really at a push and cant exchange it etc.....then for work I strap mine round my ankle.......it works fine and I have a HR.....I have tested this on a treadmill.....and got accurate results......(I think its better than arm as it misses the arm movements....)........I have adapted a strap from a camera and it goes round the small of my ankle....and then I cover with my big work socks.......

4zlwdlo5owar.png

Could be an option for you.....

I am also buying a bike soon....and I will let you know if it works on ankle better than on wrist for bike riding.....as they say it is crap on a bike.......
  • jolenematthews
    Options

If your really at a push and cant exchange it etc.....then for work I strap mine round my ankle.......it works fine and I have a HR.....I have tested this on a treadmill.....and got accurate results......(I think its better than arm as it misses the arm movements....)........I have adapted a strap from a camera and it goes round the small of my ankle....and then I cover with my big work socks.......

4zlwdlo5owar.png

Could be an option for you.....

I am also buying a bike soon....and I will let you know if it works on ankle better than on wrist for bike riding.....as they say it is crap on a bike.......[/quote]

Thanks! Great idea, I will try that!
  • aSearch4Me
    aSearch4Me Posts: 397 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You *might* be ok wearing it on your wrist instead of higher during workouts. I'd try it for a workout or two, stop & check to see if the HR monitor is functioning, etc. I sometimes forget to adjust mine & push it higher, and yet I get very few interruptions in the reading of the HR on the HR chart. And my HR tracking for things like machine rowing with my ChargeHR seem pretty congruent with what I get with my Polar HRM chest strap that is with my rowing machine.
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options
    I have a large, I wear it two fingers above the wrist bone, facing inward, I have no issues. Try wearing it that way and see if you get accurate readings.
  • sharondtd
    sharondtd Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I already always wore a watch, so I put mine on just above the watch, even though i don't need the watch any more. That way it doesn't get too low. It's reading the hr okay when i do exercise, even when it's down at the wrist bone. Maybe a bracelet to keep it above the wristbone?
  • jolenematthews
    Options
    aSearch4Me wrote: »
    You *might* be ok wearing it on your wrist instead of higher during workouts. I'd try it for a workout or two, stop & check to see if the HR monitor is functioning, etc. I sometimes forget to adjust mine & push it higher, and yet I get very few interruptions in the reading of the HR on the HR chart. And my HR tracking for things like machine rowing with my ChargeHR seem pretty congruent with what I get with my Polar HRM chest strap that is with my rowing machine.

I've been wearing it about a finger and a half lower than that bone in my wrist and I've tested it in the hrm on the treadmill and a separate one that I have and they were all within 3 bpm so I'd say that it's alright where it sits! Thanks!