I just order me a SURGE!!

babybellyfat
babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
Im soooo excited to order my surge!! it will be mail in a few days.. Does anyone have it??? how does the fit bit challenges work??? how can i add friends??? OMG I CANT WAIT!!!

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    edited May 2015
    Have you had a Fitbit before?

You can add friends to your account by inviting them to be a friend on the Fitbit website.

Once you get your account set up, feel free to friend me. Here is my Fitbit profile: www.fitbit.com/user/2RMLBH
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    I got my surge!!! and no i never had fitbit! new to all! my link is this https://www.fitbit.com/user/3GCZJ2
  • GBO323
    GBO323 Posts: 333 Member
    I got my Surge May 30. Yesterday I took it off to take a shower and saw that infamous rash ...quarter sized. Good thing is you can now have multiple devices on your sync so I added my Zip back and will wear it while the rash wears off. Bummed.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Is-my-Charge-Charge-HR-or-Surge-safe-to-wear
    If you start to experience skin irritation on your wrist, we suggest you remove the device. Contact your physician if symptoms persist longer than 2-3 days after removing the device. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Customer Support: http://help.fitbit.com/?cu=1
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    GBO323 wrote: »
    I got my Surge May 30. Yesterday I took it off to take a shower and saw that infamous rash ...quarter sized. Good thing is you can now have multiple devices on your sync so I added my Zip back and will wear it while the rash wears off. Bummed.

@GBO323 - I don't know if it's the case for you, but I got a rash after I first got mine from wearing it too tight. I moved it to my other wrist (while the rash went away), wore it a bit looser, and at first I rubbed it down with rubbing alcohol every other day (now I only do it once a week). My rash went away and I didn't get one on my other wrist. I'm also back to wearing it on the same wrist that originally got the rash and it hasn't happened again. I got my Surge in early Feb, noticed rash Feb 18 and it was gone before Feb was over. Oh and my rash was present under the rubber band on the sides of my wrist. It wasn't on the top or underneath by the metal parts.
  • shadow2soul
    Oh and I'll be honest, I think there are 2 possibilities for the cause of my rash:
    1. wearing too tight
    2. chemical residue left from manufacturing that irritated my skin (which the numerous rubbing alcohol cleans removed)
    Either way, it only happened that one time after I first got it. It doesn't bother me at all now.
  • Samenamenewlook
    Samenamenewlook Posts: 296 Member
    I love my Surge. I've never had any problems with a rash, not with my Flex in the past either. I really like the snap shot it provides of the whole day rather than just using a HRM during workouts. It's not perfect, but it's a tool and the challenges are fun!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Oh and I'll be honest, I think there are 2 possibilities for the cause of my rash:
    1. wearing too tight
    2. chemical residue left from manufacturing that irritated my skin (which the numerous rubbing alcohol cleans removed)
    Either way, it only happened that one time after I first got it. It doesn't bother me at all now.

I had a Flex for a couple of years, and now a Charge HR for a couple of months—both with no problems. I follow the instructions at https://www.fitbit.com/productcare
  • shadow2soul
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    1. wearing too tight

I had a Flex for a couple of years, and now a Charge HR for a couple of months—both with no problems. I follow the instructions at https://www.fitbit.com/productcare

@editorgrrl - I had a Garmin Vivofit ( used for 54 days) and a Flex ( used for 10 months) without any problems. So it really was random with the Surge. That's why I feel that it was either something left over from manufacturing or that I was wearing it to tight.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    I could easily see not only the stuff left on it during manufacturer, and/or the content of your sweat.

Depends on what your body is getting rid of, since skin is one main place toxins go, I could see different responses to the different metals.

Great idea to clean it really well up front though. Probably give wrist some breathing time too during TV watching or such.