Steps/Exercise in MFP Using Jawbone Up Move

Options
victay3
victay3 Posts: 14 Member
I was wondering if I did a Treadmill workout and say I do 2 miles and my Up says that is roughly 5000 Steps, and I see the steps in MFP and the calories are calculated do I still record an a treadmill exercise with the amount of calories that says I burned, or do I just stay with the steps and not record anything else. I hope this makes sense.

Replies

• editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    When the sync is working between MFP & UP, do not log any step-based activity—including the treadmill. UP tracks it for you, and MFP gives you a calorie adjustment.

Log non-step exercise (like swimming or biking) either in UP (that's what I do) or in MFP—never both. Exercise logged in MFP overwrites your UP burn during that time.
  • victay3
    Options
    Oh thank you but on days like today when it is not working I should right
    and also are you saying that if I did log the workout and my up said I burned 300 cal but MFP says I burned 200cals that the 200 overrides the 300
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    victay3 wrote: »
    are you saying that if I did log the workout and my up said I burned 300 cal but MFP says I burned 200cals that the 200 overrides the 300

Yes. Exercise logged in MFP overwrites your UP burn during that time. So if you logged your workout as 1 calorie in MFP, UP would change your 300 burn to 1. So I log exercise in UP—never MFP. If you want your exercise to appear in your MFP newsfeed, then post it as a status update.

• victay3
    Options
    Oh thank you for your help