Meal Ideas?

Options
Hey everyone! Hope everyone is well. I want to ask what were some nutritional ideas y'all were using for the diet portion of the 21 Day Fix? I have been planning mine out since I'm on a strict budget. I am more than likely going to stick to the same things because I can control my eating better that way, however I'm the only one in the house right now ( my fiance is a truck driver and will be gone almost the entire 21 days). How are those of you with other family members planning meals? How about with kids? I think some members might benefit from bouncing ideas of others here. :)

Replies

• NicoleLeahy13
    NicoleLeahy13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey there!! I am actually just finishing up a round this week... AND will be starting another on June 1!

Here is what has worked for me :)

I drink my shakeology EVERY morning for breakfast... My shake keeps me full until lunch so sometimes I skip morning snack, or have a half a WG English muffin with PB! Then I usually have either a Salad with chicken and the homemade dressings for lunch or sometimes if we have leftovers for dinner I will bring that! One helpful hint that I learned from Autumn...Buy a rotisserie chicken!!!!! Take the chicken off, and use it for your lunches etc. SAVES SO MUCH TIME...just don't eat the skin LOL!

I have been doing good on finding recipes that both my husband and I would like for dinner, and I have found a few really good ones. Here is one of my favorites! 100% Fix Approved! I will be uploading my meal plans to help you guys plan probably next week! I have found that this helps my challengers a lot to fill in the blanks in theirs! :)

Zesty Chicken & Brown Rice!

Ingredients:
    2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided use
    1 cup dry brown rice
    2 cups water
    ¼ tsp. sea salt
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
    2 medium celery stalks, chopped
    1 lb. raw chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch strips
    2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1 (14.5-oz.) can low-sodium diced tomatoes
    ½ cup all-natural chili sauce
    1 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil (or 1 tsp. dried basil)
    1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tsp. dried parsley)
    ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
    Preparation:
    1. Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
    2. Add rice; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until rice starts to crackle.
    3. Add water and salt. Bring to a boil, covered. Reduce heat; cook for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until rice is tender and fluffy.
    4. While rice is cooking, heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
    5. Add onion, bell pepper, and celery; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes.
    6. Add chicken and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
    7. Reduce heat to medium. Add tomatoes, chili sauce, basil, parsley, and red pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; gently boil, covered, for 10 minutes.
    8. Divide rice between four serving plates; top evenly with chicken mixture.
    1 serving = 1 Red, 1 Green, 1 Yellow, 1 Tsp 
  • alexandreariddle
    alexandreariddle Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious! And I agree with the rotisserie chicken comment. Great advice!