Bean Bolognese (SS Lunch)

Options
spamanda53
spamanda53 Posts: 86 Member
I tried this for the first time yesterday and I really liked it. It tastes similar to what I remember Chef Boyardee ravioli tasting like. A good amount of beans and sauce and if I didn't know it was vegetarian, I would not have been able to guess. It's got pieces of what they call "Textured protein" or something. The same texture of meat that was in the old vegetarian sloppy joe. (NOT the same flavor just the same texture)

I'd give it 4.5 / 5 stars.

*I have only had this once, and received two in my BBB so if my opinion changes after I have the second one I will comment again. haha

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda
    Thank You for that information. I have until 6PM today to edit my upcoming order and I ordered 4 of these A La Carte just in case, so this is good to know.

Roger
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    ccr125urg5d3.jpg

Bean Bolognese
    Enjoy a vegetarian take on a classic Italian dish with our Bean Bolognese, featuring a hearty tomato-based sauce that perfectly complements the pasta and veggies within, along with a one-two protein punch of white and kidney beans. One taste of this dish, and we think you'll agree: lunch has never "bean" so delicious!
    For Diabetic and Vegetarian plans too
    Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 Package 7.0 ounces
    Servings Per Container 1.0
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 200
    Calories from Fat 30
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 3.5g 5%
    Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 5mg 2%
    Sodium 450mg 19%
    Total Carbohydrate 31g 10%
    Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
    Sugars 3g
    Protein 10g
    Vitamin A 2%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 10%
    Iron 15%

I just had this for lunch, It is a 5 out of 5 and a keeper.
    As with any of the SS pasta dishes the Pasta could be a little firmer, However that is nit picking. And it was tasty :), It could have been bigger but I guess then it would be a dinner.

Enjoy
    Roger
  • cenandra
    cenandra Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed this one too!
  • mrs17alvarez
    mrs17alvarez Posts: 297 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I was so skeptical of this one when I first read the description, but figured I'd try it after reading so many positive reviews. I concur, this one was delicious! And I found it very filling. I did add a small bit of salt and crushed red pepper flakes. Will definitely reorder this!
  • dreamer4045
    dreamer4045 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I didn't care for this one too much. It might have been better with parm cheese. I could eat it, but not my favorite.