Daily report 2015-05-21

Options
lsabeIIe
lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
Hello !

I just made brownies (first time in my life) and they're delicious ! I even grinded the cocoa beans !
I'm making a lot of food theses days, this really isn't in my habits but I like doing it.

What are you up to today ?
Alisa, I saw you did quite a hike yesterday !! :)

Replies

• scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    Good job on the baking Isabelle. (ground the cocoa beans) not trying to make fun, just trying to help. I grind my own wheat, barley, rye and lentils but I haven't ever ground cocoa beans. I am impressed!

Yes, Tuesday my husband lost his job and I was quite depressed. I spent a day and a half in bed just wanting to shut it out. Yesterday afternoon I decided I really didn't want to be that way and made myself get out of bed, took my dog and went to the mountains. I had a wonderful hike. This morning I rode my bike to work. Let's just say I was aware of my legs the entire time! Might be doing arm strength exercises for a few days.

Losing weight and staying healthy is not a 40 yard dash, but a lifelong marathon

Have a great day everyone! and a wonderful holiday weekend. (USA holiday) I am going camping (and hiking). Don't know if I will will have much internet access and my phone app doesn't do the forums. I'll check in when I can.

Alisa
  • FitStrongHealthy
    FitStrongHealthy Posts: 220 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I'm sorry about your husband losing his job Alisa, hopefully he will find a new one soon. I will be busy in the woods this weekend too, but I have to work Monday :grumble: through the holiday so I hope you have fun.

Isabelle I request mail order brownies please :happy:.

Nothing exciting today except I discovered that the office copier/fax machine can staple copies automatically, which is really cool in my opinion lol. I decided to use my Nike+ app yesterday during my 15min treadmill run and I forgot how overly enthusiastic the darn thing can be lol. It gave me a good laugh during and after my run, and I've decided I'm going to use it today as well but I've got to figure out how to turn off the voice first lol.

s2nyo154hijj.jpg

Have a good day everyone.

~ Kris
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Thanks for pointing out my mistake Alisa, I actually like it when people do that, it's the best way to learn.

I had the cocoa beans because my boyfriend is a brewer and one of their beers was a cocoa stout and he brought some beans home, he knew I would enjoy them !

I'm sorry too about your husband losing his job. :( Hope everything turns out for the best.

Kris, I would if I could, they are de-li-cious !!

Isabelle