Share your progress!

JalynRose1
JalynRose1 Posts: 30 Member
Let us know how your journey is going! Tell us about the ups and downs so far and where you hope to go from here.

Replies

• amyjeanw84
    amyjeanw84 Posts: 46 Member
    edited September 2015
    Hi all! I am Amy and so far not that great. I guess if I can find a positive for my progress so far it's that I realize I am eating toooooo much!! I tend to have downfalls at night and after a good workout where I then find myself famished. I need to focus on drinking more water and find a way to get enough calories in during the day to keep me feeling satisfied even after a long run or workout so I don't end up binging afterwards and completly messing up my whole day. I plan to bring fruit and veggies in the car with me because I have a long commute to and from work every week day. I am currently training for a 1/2 marathon and am on week 2. I am starting to notice my legs and bottom are getting more toned but because Im still about the same weight now I'm just bigger! I plan on finding some great meals and snacks that I can plan and stick to.
    Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!
  • Chelsealovesart
    Chelsealovesart Posts: 12 Member
    Hi @amyjd30 congrats on training for a half marathon. Chances are, you will need to eat a tiny bit more but I like your idea of bringing fruits and veggies. I am also also runner and a shameful night eater and stuggle with the same things. Lately I have not been able to stay in my limit even without exercise! However, when things are going well, I have found I don't eat out of boredom as much because I already feel good from the endorphins of running. Taking some time to stretch and rehydrate after a run cam take me back to a relaxed/not so ra venous stage. Also, it helps to plan runs, work, and meals for appropriate times. If you know you get very hungry 30 min after a run, plan your lunch then so you can fully satisfy your hunger. That may mean your meals aren't at the same time as everyone else's, but I have not found this to be a hinderance. Focusing on water sounds kike a good tip. Always have it in sight and shoot for a goal of drinking x#oz before dinner. Maybe then  you will put off dinner until you reach your water goal (?) That would work for me, I work well in mini goals throughout the day. Good luck. Be reasonable but listen to your body too. Carbs are good for runners. I have also found it extremely helpful to drink a light carb protein smoothie for vreakfast. They are low calorie ans I don't need much food in the mornig. Also, they say protein is good for you in am. I like Vega with ice, a tiny bit of frozen fruit, and almond/cashew milk. I always gorge on carbs when I don't get enough protein (you too?). Stay away from the foods you go overboard on.
  • Chelsealovesart
    *smoothie being light in carbs and calories, but heavier on the hydrating and proteins sides. Sorry for all the typos, I hope you can understand
  • Chelsealovesart
    I have trouble staying below my limit, as I tend to eat out of boredom, when I'm hungry, and before bed....my biggest challenges are staying below my limit, and drinking enough water. I find that when I excercise, I may be hungrier but I don't eat out of boredom as much. I think I take excercise more seriously than my diet and I know that in order to achieve results, both are necessary but I always eat what I want. I also have cravings for certain meats sometimes..