Carb creep

Options
goodlife1206
goodlife1206 Posts: 42 Member
if we want a different result-we must change our behavior. We all have heard this and I do believe it. After several months out from WLS I have become more comfortable with my new normal. I try to always eat protein first, then some veggies or fruit, followed by carb. I try to keep my carbs to about 50g and protein 60-80 a day. That said I have started to see that the carbs (the evil ones) are creeping back into my diet. Not so much, but a little that will become more as time goes on. This is a recipe for disaster. I am so conscious that I do not want to regain, but that will happen if I try to eat like I did before surgery, even though it is less.

I have always eaten low carb, low glycemic, but at least for me, it is always a battle to stay the course. I also am gluten intolerant, so I have a real reason not to eat some grain carbs. Life is really good now, so I have to remember how it was before and stay the course. MFP helps with that as does all the posts from others that are fighting the good fight on a daily basis.

Replies

• lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'm noticing this myself right now too, I think I'm getting too comfortable with the new norm and my carb counts have been increasing lately. I'm fighting the good fight with ya :)
  • lorilbuckner1
    lorilbuckner1 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Your not alone! I ran into the same thing. As I was adding foods back into my diet I started getting way to comfortable with those wretched yummy carbs. In the last few weeks I've managed to get back on track and refocused! Hang in there, you can get through this!
  • weeziebeth
    weeziebeth Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Carb creep-I love this term! Yes yes and yes. Working to maintain focus and not be swayed by old habits and patterns, but its hard. Keep pushing forward, start everyday anew.
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Its a hard thing to keep the carbs from taking over the diet. You recognize it is happening, so that is a step all by itself. Now you can address the issue and make some headway. I am sure you will be successful.
  • goodlife1206
    goodlife1206 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    How many carb grams do all of you eat daily? I try to keep it near 50 grams. I almost always go over, but am close when I deduct my fiber from the carbs.
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Good job seeing the issue before it becomes a problem!