First Ultrasound ! Early 5 weeks

Options
mommy_hood
mommy_hood Posts: 100 Member
First Ultrasound I was very early so I get to go back in two weeks and get another ultrasound hopefully by then we will see a heartbeat :)

according to LMP (my periods are not 28 days more like 31 to 33 ) my EDD is February 7 but by gestational sack size I am due February 10 so hopefully by next ultrasound I will have a more accurate guesstimate... I am almost certain the february 10 date is correct due to positive OPK's and the fact that I do normally ovulate later than the average cycle...

Here are the pictures !!! everything looks good so far just very early and not much to see yet !!!

ultrasound001privateinfo-2.jpg

ultrasound002privateinfo-2.jpg

So as of yesterday I was somewhere between 5 weeks 1 day and 5 weeks 4 days and I found out I was pregnant on May 31 so very super early pregnancy test....

Replies

• Odiliawine
    Odiliawine Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I accidentally found out I was pregnant at 3 weeks so I understand finding out early! I was lucky enough to get an ultrasound at 6 weeks and see the baby and have them measure the heartbeat! Did they do the ultrasound so early for a specific reason?
  • mommy_hood
    Options
    no just my doctors do an ultrasound at first visit for dating purposes and I just happened to find out about our pregnancy earlier than other women.... too early for hearbeat so I will get another one on the 25th
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    What day do you think you ovulated (approx)? I have PCOS so my cycles are all messed up. If I am calculating correctly, I got pregnant on May 18th and am due 2/9, right around you. I won't have my first ultrasound for awhile though so I'm not sure. I found out I was pregnant June 3rd.
  • mommy_hood
    Options
    Most people have a 28 day cycle and when doctors put in my last period they show this

Last menstrual period: Fri, May 3rd ,2013
    Ovulation date: Thu, May 16th ,2013
    Conception date: Fri, May 17th ,2013
    Implantation date: Sat, May 25th ,2013
    Due date: Fri, February 7th ,2014

but I have a 31 day cycle so I get this:

Last menstrual period: Fri, May 3rd ,2013
    Ovulation date: Sun, May 19th ,2013
    Conception date: Mon, May 20th ,2013
    Implantation date: Tue, May 28th ,2013
    Due date: Mon, February 10th ,2014

I believe my calculations are correct because I got a negative ovulation on May 16 but a positive ovulation on May 19th ( I usually ovulate late from what I noticed on past cycles) also my ultrasound calculation of the gestational sac is matching up with my calculations. My implatation calculation says May 28th and I got my first positive on May 31 so very very early !
    (I got negative on pregnancy tests on May 28 and May 29 which also fits my calculations because I had not implanted yet and did not have enough hcg yet , if I had implanted on May 25 I should have gotten positives sooner at least I think so )

So its guesstimated I ovulated on May 19th and got my first positive on May 31st.

Miranda when was your last menstrual cycle?
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    April 24th but I tend to have long, unpredictable cycles due to PCOS. I'm pretty sure I conceived on 5/18 based - and that fits right in with what you are seeing with your due date. Thanks for the info.
  • CrystalWalks
    CrystalWalks Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to Congradulate everyone on there BFP, I too have Pcos and my cycles were all over the place but when I lost 40 pounds I got pregnant, I wasn't trying to get pregnant at the time I was just focused on getting healthy, I have been married for 13 years and never had a scare of pregnancy until now, I also found out really early at 3 weeks I had my first ultrasound at 4 weeks, I was going by my lmp and I thought I was almost 7 weeks but with pcos ovulaton is so unpredictable, so they only saw a gestational sac that measured me at 4 weeks, I went back in 2 weeks which put me at 6 weeks fetal age and 8weeks 5 days gestational age and they were able to find the baby, yolk sac and heartbeat, I cried tears of joy and today I am 14 weeks and 3 days with a due date of 12/9/13.....I am thrilled and can't wait to meet my baby..