5/27 Day 97 Wednesday Movin May 27!

Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
Make it Better For You, Not Easier

Challenge:
People who are committed to an active lifestyle look for ways to be more active and get more steps in throughout the day. They don't settle for the easy shortcut. So today, try to make things just a little more difficult for yourself. Park further away from your building, make several passes through the grocery store aisles, put the laundry away in several trips rather than one huge basket load. Walk over to talk to your co-workers instead of sending them an email. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. These kind of things may seem small and of little impact, but taken together our labor saving devices and behaviors contribute significantly to obesity and sedentary living. Let's break the cycle.

Replies

• fitnatic130
    fitnatic130 Posts: 53 Member
    Great challenge today!
  • mdavila82
    mdavila82 Posts: 13 Member
    Love this challenge!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    New member and like this challenge!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,369 Member
    I love that this kind of challenge has changed my outlook. Oh, I got a crummy parking place and have to walk across campus to my classroom - Goody! I have to run an inconvenient errand - Hooray, I get more steps.
  • _Juggernaut_
    _Juggernaut_ Posts: 18 Member
    I'm liking this!
  • healthyJodi
    healthyJodi Posts: 31 Member
    Today I took the stairs up to my office rather than elevator..... and I think I will do it tomorrow as well. More steps on my fitbit!
  • MESchlegel3
    MESchlegel3 Posts: 3 Member
    Taking the stairs to my car tonight instead of the elevator!! 10th floor to the 3rd!
  • tmarie1989
    tmarie1989 Posts: 17 Member
    I agree - this is a great challenge! :) I walked during my lunch as well as my breaks, and when I got home from work I was pretty beat but decided to go on a long walk with my dog, because she deserved to enjoy the nice weather too! :)
  • Auna37
    Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
    I wish there was a like button! I love all your comments!