Tuscan Inspired Pasta (SS Dinner)

Options
spamanda53
spamanda53 Posts: 86 Member
I'm going to go ahead and let you know... This is another one that doesn't look like the picture. It also doesn't look very appetizing. It's kind of a weird color and you can tell that it's got some herbs in it because there are 'specs' on the pasta noodles. Do not let this alarm you or turn you off. I really liked this one.

This dinner - once you pour it out onto a plate - is rather large in my opinion. The majority of it seems to be FOOD rather than sauce (unlike other NS dinners). When you look at it you can easily distinguish the pasta and the beans and the little pieces of meat. While the pasta is a tad overcooked - it is pretty consistent with most of the NS SS pasta meals.

The flavor reminded me of Olive Garden's Pasta Fagioli soup only less soupy and more pasta dish like. I'm sure you could thin it out with some sort of broth or stock and make it a really good soup if that is something you are into. But I liked it as it was. I didn't add any spices or anything to it.

Replies

• RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Tuscan Inspired Pasta
    9aj6fuumdgz7.jpg
    Take your taste buds on an Italian get-away with this delectable dinner entree featuring a hearty blend of tender pasta, white beans, turkey sausage and beef tossed in a savory sauce so tasty, you won't believe it's guilt-free!
    Ok for Diabetic

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 1 Container 9 Ounces
    Servings Per Container 1.0
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 240
    Calories from Fat 50
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 6.0g 9%
    Saturated Fat 2.0g 10%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 30mg 10%
    Sodium 590mg 25%
    Total Carbohydrate 30g 10%
    Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
    Sugars 2g
    Protein 16g
    Vitamin A 15%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 8%
    Iron 8%

I Liked it in the end. I was not sure with the first few bites, However as I ate it, I grew to like it. As was said the Pasta is soft, like all the other Shelf Stable Macaroni dishes from NutriSystem.
    I will rate this a 4.5 out of 5.
    I had ordered four A La Carte, I will be re-ordering it in the future.

Enjoy
    Roger
  • mrs17alvarez
    mrs17alvarez Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I tried this last night and I really did like it. The pasta texture is mushy of course, but the flavor of the meal was really good. I had made some very lightly sauteed zucchini (vegetti'd), barely cooked so it was still a bit crunchy, and mixing that it into the meal after everything was ready helped give some bite to the meal. I'll definitely reorder this one.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    The first turn off was the picture on the box. However I did serve it in a bowl. I did not dislike it, but I made myself it eat. I have one more, but I do not think I will be ordering it again.