Mini Successes

Options
Figure we might as well have a place for our successes thus far:
Today I suited up for crossfit and looked at myself in the mirror. I noticed I look noticibly different and a bit slimmer in WORKOUT CLOTHING. Considering it's like spandexy material which has the potential to look very unnatractive, I'd say that's a great Non-scale victory.

Replies

• lauragrafhamknapp
    lauragrafhamknapp Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Totally awesome non-scale victory. Congrats!!!
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    That's a great victory, and always a boost for the self esteem given how mirror-clad the walls at the gym seem to be. My mini-victory so far is having run a 5km without stopping for the first time since having been injured. It wasn't a bad time either, only 3 mins off my PB :)
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    Got thru a grueling workout (did an assisted transfer between a doctor's office bed/mat thingy and my wheelchair) without using pain medication. This task normally leaves me very sore, LOL.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    This is longer-term than a June success but it should definitely count: at my heaviest, I was hungry all the time regardless of serving size. Today I notice that one bunless burger, 1/3 of a large salad, some dressing, milk and a small treat darn near overfill me!
  • louubelle16
    Options
    My win came on Tuesday when I beat my PB for running 5km, and nailed it in 28:33!!! My best ever, not just since injury, which is fantastic :) I didn't even stop running after that, we did another 2km slow. Was so proud :smiley:
  • louubelle16
    Options
    I had another win, as I felt confident enough to wear a cropped top out for drinks last night! I haven't had the guts to do that before, but I bought it about a year ago :)