17th: 6.38 - Total: 169.35
    18th: 2.85
    19th: 4.47
    20th: 9.64 + 27.7 = 37.34
    21st: 8.88 + 12.8 = 21.68
    22nd: 2.79
    23rd: 3.27
    24th: 6.68 + 11.2= 17.88 - Total: 259.63

Glad I decided not to ride my bike home yesterday as we had tornado weather by the time I left work. That would not have been a fun ride home.

@anaconda469 - glad to hear your back isn't more serious. The muscle spasms will calm down. Sometimes, you just have to get the nerves to realize they don't need to react as if they were in such pain.

@Lovemyalex - It was great to hear from the family that she's doing great! Thanks for thinking about us!
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,813 Member
    Options
    vhuber wrote: »
    Best wishes Lovemyalex!
    Anaconda, I hope you get your results real quick!!

Had the 2 grandsons again today & we covered 5 miles!

exercise.png
    [/quote
    :)
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    5.90 miles walked today

134.08 miles walked to date
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    23rd 2.18 miles purposeful walking
    24th 5.67 miles purposeful walking
    25th miles 7.37 stationary bike MTD 88.29

exercise.png

@Lovemyalex - so pleased the surgery went well. I have no doubts about the tenacity which will be applied to PT.
    @anaconda - take care and allow your body to heal - hope each day feels easier.

@darkrider42 - Donated miles - I agree that they should be donated in extenuating circumstances - pulling together to help someone in need. As has been so beautifully put - anything else is not MYA$$!

I've worked my total out based on the data in the spreadsheet, so I think I've got it right. I'm walking the tread off the bottom of my trainers at the moment - I seem to be on fire, averaging 40 to 50 miles a week!! Edited for predictive text error!!
  • Tappy44
    Tappy44 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    6/24 - 2.09 miles on the stationary bike and 2.58 miles on the elliptical = 4.67 miles total

MTD - 44.85 Miles
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Lovemyalex wrote: »
    This is lovemyalex daughter , I know how much her team means to her <3 just wanted to give everyone a update ! Her surgery went amazing ! The doctor said that she will have FULL use of her knee , and that he expects great things from her :) I feel thankful that today went well and that my mom has a amazing support from her family here and her family/ team onine ! Thank you , I will keep everyone updated as the week goes on and we get her home . She has her first PT tomw.

Thank you for letting us know how @LoveMyAlex is doing. Let he know that her 'family' here in the Move Your *kitten* challenge is here for her.

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    Went for a short, easy spin. I am getting wise in my old age. Stop before the pain hits. We'll see if that works. Looks like distance rides are out for a while. Give my back and neck a chance to heal and strengthen. Not easy to slow down though. My Doc told me that at 'my age' (I'm only 58) maybe I should take up walking. Well that is the one mistake she made, I will let things settle down and heal, but I sure as HEdouble hockeysticks not going to give up cycling just because of a crash. I will listen to everybody about coming back slow, but I ain't quitting, so there doctor. I was only good for about 45 mins today. But not near as much pain as yesterday, walking..... BTW, @dave how are you doing?

06/22 - 16.0 miles cycling
    06/23 - 2.0 miles walking
    06/24 - 2.0 miles walking
    06/25 - 9.0 miles cycling

Total: 152.0 miles (actual miles)

exercise.png

• clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,364 Member
    Options
    This is lovemyalex daughter , I know how much her team means to her <3 just wanted to give everyone a update ! Her surgery went amazing ! The doctor said that she will have FULL use of her knee , and that he expects great things from her :) I feel thankful that today went well and that my mom has a amazing support from her family here and her family/ team onine ! Thank you , I will keep everyone updated as the week goes on and we get her home . She has her first PT tomw.

Thanks for the update on your mother. I have been praying for her and so glad to here she did well. I know your mother will rise to the occasion and work hard at a full recovery.
  • clepant
    Options
    @lovemyalex: Hope your first day of PT was bearable. I remember my dad having his knee replacement at 76. It was rough but he was determined to have a full recovery.
    @anaconda469: Good for you girl. Glad you are taking it slow but not giving up on the bike. My ortho doc told me the same thing last year when I had knee surgery. Last year when I did my second sprint tri four months after my surgery, I busted my butt. When a couple young gals past me on the run, they told me that I blew them off the course on my cycling. I knew that it was the one area I. Old make ups some time and just went out full speed. So you just keep on keepin' on.

June 25: 10.5 miles cycling 9 miles and walking 1.5 miles
    TTD: 261.4 miles

exercise.png

• GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,019 Member
    Options
    6/25 Run 5 miles / Walk 5.75 miles

As 6/25 249.25 miles of 225 miles

exercise.png
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Sorry I have been AWOL this month...

I am still rehabbing from my knee scope of 05/22/15. I went back to work on 05/26/15 after the long Memorial Day weekend spend resting with RICE, pain meds and crutches. I ditched the crutches about 2 days into the work week - just too difficult maneuvering around the office with a coffee cup in one hand, files, etc in the other while on crutches. I used a cane ntil the end of week 2. I started physical therapy with stretches, more leg lifts, body weight squats on a incline bed and cycling. This week I started going to the gym for more intense cycling. I have yet to get my bike - I hope to get on the road this weekend for a short ride.

In my enthusiasm to recover, I signed up for a group ride scheduled for July 19 - don't know if that's gonna happen, but if I'm able to ride a good 30-40 miles by then, I will participate.

Here are my miles, all of which are on a recumbent cycle...

06/15 - 3.0m PT
    06/12 - 3.3m PT
    06/15 - 3.3m PT
    06/19 - 3.6m PT
    06/21 - 12.0m gym
    06/22 - 3.6m PT
    06/22 - 6.5m gym
    06/23 - 8.5m gym
    06/24 - 3.6m PT

exercise.png

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Walked 4 with my furries in the morning, mowed for 5 hours, showered then rode ex bike for 10 miles. I passed my goal today!

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,321 Member
    Options

Thank you so much for letting us know how your Mom is doing! It's been great having her here with us in this group. She has really brought a lot to us in the form of inspiration as well as heart. Hoping the PT goes well for her!

Dave :)
  • Tappy44
    Tappy44 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    6/25 - 1.89 miles on bike and 2.19 miles on elliptical = 4.08 miles total

MTD - 48.93 miles
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I really should just go to bed but I'm taking a minute to add my 2.5 miles. June total 106.75 miles. Tomorrow should be a better day for moving time wise. Not so sure about the weather, but I'll figure it out.

exercise.png

Should have gone to bed. Must have dozed off with my hand on the enter key. Had to edit because I had half a page of blank space after my ticker. Have a great night everyone.
  • wanderan
    wanderan Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    adding 7.33 miles

exercise.png
  • clepant
    Options
    @Calliope610: Aren't crutches the biggest pain? They hurt to use and they hurt using them. Glad your back and that you are making progress. As my PT told me...there will be many races and events but you only get one knee. At least cycling will be better than running on it. All the best as you push for your goal.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    As of June 25, I walked 161.7 miles. I am disappointed that I haven't had a chance to ride my bike. I hope to this weekend, but don't know if weather and free time will permit. I will at least get walking in, because I can do that at my house.
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    6/25 - 3 miles

99/110
  • bebogrrl
    bebogrrl Posts: 77 Member
    Options

exercise.png
This discussion has been closed.