Fibromyalgia is friend?

Options
josorenson74
josorenson74 Posts: 8 Member
Hello,
My name is Jen and I have been diagnosed with Fibro for about 15 or so years now. I have a high BMI in the 40's and have been working since the first of the year towards Bariatric surgery. I have a family history filled with diabetes, high cholesterol, and high blood pressure. I am a type 2 diabetic with sleep apnea, arthritis, scoliosis, and who knows what else. I struggle daily with pain and trying to motivate myself to get more exercise. Through dietary changes I have been able to loose just under 14 lbs in the past 5 months with the assistance of a dietician. To say it has been an uphill struggle barely touches on it. I am hoping to find support and also to support others. Good luck to everyone on their journey to a healthier life.

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Hi Jen! I'm a bariatric patient too. I lost just over 100 pounds after surgery, but never saw any improvement with pain. So, don't expect weight loss to decrease your pain levels. I have been on a low carb way of eating (which is pretty much how they want you to eat after WLS) since February. The difference I have seen in my fibromyalgia pain has been amazing! If you are interested, check out the LCD/Low Carb Daily group. I've never had any regrets for having the WLS, until now. I wish I would have found this way of eating years ago! Good luck in your endeavors!