Physicsl Therapy

Options
Mezzie1024
Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
I've started a new round of physical therapy, and I'm trying not to be too hopeful. PT fixed my wrist and my knee, but despite months of it, it's done nothing for my ankle. This round is trying completely different exercises and fairly intense sonic treatments, so who knows...

I'm just so tired of having hope and being disappointed. Of course this time, my doctors are out of hope, too. This is more of a last ditch effort than any promise of improvement, which I apreciate. I'm all for not giving up, and I hope this improves my mobility some, but I'm worn out from promises that I'll be walking without pain again soon. As sad as it is to see my doctors out of ideas, it's a bit of a relief to not be on that roller coaster anymore. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised by improvement than absolutely crushed by the lack of it.

Replies

• Mezzie1024
    Mezzie1024 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    In reading over my post quicky for typos, I failed to check the subject line. Whoops.
  • 9ofthem
    9ofthem Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I understand. To be hanging in limbo vs. getting on with life to the best of your ability is big. I was where you were about 20yrs ago. The constant dr appointments that really didn't change much. When I finally said enough and just got on with life, I mentally felt so much better that I didn't care about the pain. That worked ok for the most part. Bad days were still bad, but good days were not tainted by the medical mess.