corpus luteum cyst?

Options
miranda_mom
miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
Anyone have one? I am pretty sure I do. I have very mild pain/tenderness on the right side, right at my hip. It does not hurt much at all but enough to be concerning. I called the doctor and they said take tylenol, which I did. I haven't had my first ultrasound yet so I'm a little worried about an ectopic but my understanding is that that pain would be much worse. I'm between 5-6 weeks pregnant. Thanks!

Replies

• mrs_n0rris
    mrs_n0rris Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi! I don't have a CLC but I have had an ectopic pregnancy and in my personal experience it was very very painful. It was like menstrual cramps x100 and concentrated on one side. I also bled, like a period but much more clotted. When is your ultrasound? We're waiting on ours (this Monday!) and until then I'm worrying about another ectopic too, so I share your anxiety. I hope you feel better! And definitely go to the doctor if the pain gets worse.
  • miranda_mom
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for the response - you helped to put my mind at ease. I don't go for my first appt. until 6/19 and that is with the nurse. I think she schedules everything else from there. I can't really remember - I have another child but she's six so that was a long time ago, LOL! I am almost positive it's a CLC - everything I've seen about it online, the symptoms are exactly the same.
    Good luck with your ultrasound!
  • miranda_mom
    Options
    Also wanted the add, the doctor said to call back if pain gets worse or if I have any bleeding or discharge. So far, so good. It's been about nine hours since I first noticed the pain.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I actually posted this same topic not too long ago. Yes, I also have one. I had unexplained bleeding and they sent me in for an U/S at 7 weeks. I found out then that my cyst is about the size of a lemon (6 mm). Apparently they can be a good thing as they actually release hormones when you are pregnant and that helps maintain the pregnancy. I never knew this before but every women gets a cyst after she ovulates, although some of us get bigger ones than others or they didn't get the memo to stop growing at a certain point. The issue is if they become too big or cause pain. They can rupture or even worse, they can cause your ovary to twist which can cut off the circulation. There is not much they can do about them other than monitoring. If they become very large or painful, they can surgically remove them once you are about 12 weeks along. If you are having pain, I would definitely go see your doctor ASAP. Mine doesn't cause much pain at this point. I am having mine rescanned in another two weeks and I am praying mine has shrunk.