2015 MFP Giro d'Italia - Results Thread.

Options
2»

Replies

• jillyian
    jillyian Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Thank you judges for choosing my picture! I am honored
  • Kupe
    Kupe Posts: 758 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Well done Jill, great pic

Not sure if I should be flattered or take offense to the Australian nightmare! ;) LOL
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Kupe wrote: »
    Not sure if I should be flattered or take offense to the Australian nightmare! ;) LOL

In case anyone's wondering what the hell I'm on about it's a "Spinal Tapp" movie reference...

• TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to getting my TdF dossard, so I can post it in my other challenge group, Move your *kitten* Challenge, see if we can recruit more riders. I am having Giro withdrawals already, June is going to be a long month.

Glad you enjoyed the Giro so much Susan...

As to recruiting other riders, well - can I ask you to hold fire on it until I give the nod to recruit - thing is, the challenge really is a very big thing to keep on top of - and I think that 4 teams was actually just about manageable this time around - HOWEVER - that was with pretty minimal riding by me compared to my usual levels (and hopefully my prospective levels for the next two tours...) Now, if I'm riding 2-4 hours a day rather than the 60-90 minutes I managed, then a) I'm going to have FAR less time available to actually check, verify and key in everyones rides and generally keep on top of things... and b) I'm going to be completely knackered by the end of LeTour and prone to making mistakes or losing my temper with the persistent offenders who submit things the wrong way...

So, I don't really want to have 20 new people wanting to start the challenge in addition to the existing, and have all the additional problems of having to add maybe another 2 teams to the spreadsheet - it's getting a little slow and cumbersome as it is with all the lookups and copied references in there at the moment - adding 2 more teams would be a big job.

So - if I open the signup, and we get 3 teams from the existing regulars and maybe a couple of stragglers, then, yeah, by all means sign up the 7 or so people we may need to get a full rosta for 4 teams, but I don't want 20 new people all signing up who I don't know, and aren't sure will complete the challenge, and getting a place at the expense of the regulars...

I'm sure you can see my reasoning here - it'd be great to expand this challenge, but frankly it's got to the point where it's difficult to scale it up anymore than it is already, without having to have designated staff to do the data entry (i'd hate to inflict doing more than one teams data entry on anyone - Clive and Fran help out where they're able, but if it was to scale to over 4 teams I'd be looking to one person entering data per team, and I'd just "sample" the data, make sure things didn't look stupid, and keep the charts and leaderboards ticking over.)

• Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    WOW! Great job to the elites and a hardy "chapeau!" to the rest. And of course, big, no massive, props to Mark for running this traveling show! See y'all in Utrecht!
  • banshee1013
    banshee1013 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hooray for Team Lotta Jumbos! You guys managed to win even without my help :wink: Great pics all, I wish I would have remembered to submit the two I took! Oh well, bring on Le Tour! Thanks again Mark, you make it all fun!
  • Dave2041
    Dave2041 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all the winners and well done for organising a great event :smiley:
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    TheBigYin wrote: »
    She also gave a Honourable mention to our friend who "dresses like an Australians Nightmare" - @cowbellsandcoffee

pfl3daji2qp5.jpg

"just for utter madness, colour and fun."

YES!!!!!! *high fives all around*

For my acceptance speech...

"This kit goes to eleven..."

Thank you.

:D