Paleo Challenge

2»

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Inkratlet wrote: »
    bostonwolf wrote: »
    I have no real problem with the cooking, I just do it in bulk. I cooked a few pounds of chicken tenders last night and portioned them off, so now I have 4 meals worth of meat that can either go in a salad or get heated up to eat with some vegetables for dinner. I also use the crockpot to make large portions of chili or tikka masala that I break out for lunch. I can usually get 10 or 11 servings per batch which is lunch for two work weeks.

I make eggs almost every morning. that only takes 10 minutes or so.

Now, if you don't eat meat, I'm not sure how you'd do Paleo since soy is verboten.

I've been doing a lot of cooking in bulk too lately but it takes up most of my Sunday, and this weekend for example I won't have a Sunday for it to take up...

That's where the crockpot is key. Less than an hour of prep then 8 hours later you come back and divvy it up.

• leahkite
    leahkite Posts: 47 Member
    We are in the middle of a "nutrition" challenge (box owner isn't a huge Paleo fan) and it's seriously killing me. No alcohol or sugar is making me cranky, no dairy would be the end of me.

If ya'll have some yummy crockpot recipes you'd be willing to share, I'd love to see them. Chicken is getting boring.