Your best calorie self debate

Options
Tailgater75
Tailgater75 Posts: 330 Member
What is the funniest thing that you've debated about eating or drinking since you started counting calories with MFP?

Personally I was rather ticked off at work one day. You see I've given up drinking pop. I deliver gas to Speedway gas stations and chugging down a Coke at each delivery every day was something I did all the time. I gave up pop for Lent and now the Coke Crave is gone! So I decided one day to just grab a Gatorade. I bought it, scanned it into MFP then discovered the darn thing was 200 calories! I felt that could have been 2 Miller Lites later that night! And so I haven't bought a Gatorade since!

So what's your best story of debate and regret? lol :D

Replies

• cleblanc601
    cleblanc601 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    As far as the drink thing goes, my fiance and I stopped buying soda all together and only treat ourselves (even if it's diet) when we go out to eat. I even find now that I stopped drinking sugary drinks that they aren't as appealing to me anymore if I were to drink more than a glass or two. I've switched to green tea; hot in the morning and then iced during the day. I've come to really like it and it has great benefits for your health. If you add a zero calorie sweetener and some lemon is almost 0 calories.

For me, I have a hard time giving up cheese and butter and not even in large quantities. After tracking for a solid month now I've found that cheese and even a Tbsp of butter can have over 100 calories. I am by no means a butter fiend, but if I add a Tbsp to fresh/frozen veggies it can have a huge impact or adding a slice of cheese two an egg or turkey burger can increase my calorie intake. It doesn't seem like a lot, but then I think about a slice with an egg for breakfast, a slice of cheese on a sandwich for lunch, and some butter with my veggies at dinner...that can add up quickly to over 300+ calories!

Working on cutting it down to only one or two splurges a day.
  • boo_boo61
    boo_boo61 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    A can of cider or an Ice cream lol
    Sounds terrible but went to a communion and the weather was fantastic. Tbh shouldnt really have had any but the day that was in it an all I couldnt help myself.

Needless to say the can of cider won the debate and then I fell off the wagon and had 5 of them my legs hurt thinking about the day after cycled an extra 5 k to try and balance it out :p