I need help picking my next book.

Options
2»

Replies

• bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I have very similar taste in books, and was skeptical when my manager told me I needed to read this book and then proceeded to put it on for me (on Audible) at work, but... Ready Player One is hilarious and really fun. I've put it down as a must read for all geeks. I stopped in the middle because he moved on to another job and I didn't have an Audible account, or the book, but have finally gotten it and am now re-immersed and re-addicted. I have it on my phone and listen on my way to work and home (I take the bus/walk) and whenever I'm out and about.
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    We had a long drive over the weekend, so I rented the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (narrated by Stephen Fry) on audiobook for the family to listen to - the kids loved it! (I figured they might)

Just started that recently (after having forgotten a lot about the books over the years apparently). Fry is a fantastic reader.
  • iconnor
    iconnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Just finished Neverwhere and loved it! Reading Good Omens now. I also liked Stardust if you want something less dark. Terry Prachett's Hogfather has a great rendition of Death and somehow successfully ties it into to the holidays.

I also second Game of Thrones. I hope that with the huge hype over the Red Wedding episode on HBO that people will start to read the books, and then just read books in general (it's a shame how many people don't read anymore).