Week 2 (6/14-6/20)

Options
MzLaLa29
MzLaLa29 Posts: 258 Member
Keep up the great work! Don't forget to check in daily.

Replies

• MzLaLa29
    Options
    6/14 - didn't finish my water, no workout, fitbit claims I took 5,000 steps (skeptical...), not green
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Yesterday had too big of a good and fatty lunch...almost slid into a binge mode.
    But I ate light and made it to the end of the day with something like 2 calories to spare!
  • Suede242
    Suede242 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I did quite good. Supper ended up being a bit big, but made it through the day with about the right number of calories, and I did 12000 steps. My volunteer work also involves quite a bit of standing so I was quite active. I was a bit short on the water.
  • MzLaLa29
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Suede242 wrote: »
    Yesterday, I did quite good. Supper ended up being a bit big, but made it through the day with about the right number of calories, and I did 12000 steps. My volunteer work also involves quite a bit of standing so I was quite active. I was a bit short on the water.

Whoo hoo! Great stepping @Suede242

June 15 check-in

5,000 steps. One workout, not water, didn't log dinner but probably not green.

I had some issues trying to workout last night to the point it became comical. The ordeal ended with a workout disc snapping in half. The struggle is real ya'll! I'm trying to get some steps in each hour today so I won't have to work so hard to catch up when I get off work. Toodles!!!
  • downongreenacres
    Options
    Dropping off my car at the shop today I decided I would walk to work-it's not very far, but its all uphill, so I got in a little bit of a workout in and worked off some frustration! This is the second time this week that I have had my car in the shop because some little critter has been chewing on the wiring! ARRGH
  • MzLaLa29
    Options
    Dropping off my car at the shop today I decided I would walk to work-it's not very far, but its all uphill, so I got in a little bit of a workout in and worked off some frustration! This is the second time this week that I have had my car in the shop because some little critter has been chewing on the wiring! ARRGH

I switched cars with hubby so he could take mine to the shop. He brought me Popeye's for lunch... awesome? lol I take my frustrations out on my workout as well. Cuz I don't want to get fired from my job :smile:
  • JimCrackinDandy
    JimCrackinDandy Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Been off for a day- Happy Week 2 Ladies. Are you all loving this humidity? Got water? Got ice? Ready, set go!
    5.5 miles here. More water in my running clothes than on towel after my shower!

exercise.png
  • downongreenacres
    Options
    Been off for a day- Happy Week 2 Ladies. Are you all loving this humidity? Got water? Got ice? Ready, set go!
    5.5 miles here. More water in my running clothes than on towel after my shower!

exercise.png
    That's funny! :smile:

• ddif
    ddif Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a non healthy eating day but today will be better
  • Suede242
    Options
    Yesterday I did very well with my eating. I also biked about 15km (9mi) bringing my step count to 15000 (including my biking). However, I overdid it so this morning I'm taking a rest from my usual workout at the gym.
  • CullinsK
    CullinsK Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys I haven't checked in for two days. Monday I was able to get 3 miles in. Yesterday I walked 2 miles. I've been drinking less water than usually. Let's see what today has in store for me....
  • JimCrackinDandy
    Options
    Many blessings today Miss @CullinsK . Try to down that water. Hopefully the humidity is less for all today. Lovely bike ride Miss @Suede242 . 9 miles today here.

exercise.png

• downongreenacres
    Options
    Today was crazy busy at work and the nurse manager bought pizzas for all. It was yummy but I am going home in the red on my calories so I will have to get in a good work out tonight to break even. I had really planned on mowing the lawn, but its a riding mower so that won't burn off much of anything.
    I am going to drink my waters and see if the dog can't inspire me to take a walk or something more active than mowing.
    Its just one day in the big picture of things right?
  • MzLaLa29
    Options
    I don't think I checked in yesterday. But I had two days of the same. Half my water, 6 minute walk but no real workout. 5,000 steps and ended the day red.

We went to settlement on my house today. Yay? lol I spent the day sitting and driving then had the nerve to celebrate at Cheesecake Factory. I didn't log my meal but I'm positive it was more than 800 calories. I started a fitbit challenge and I'm over 13,000 steps behind my competition... I have much work to do lol

Cheers!
  • Suede242
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Today ended up being a red day. I would normally have gone to the gym but I was overtired today and needed a rest. Tomorrow should be mostly a quiet day. I guess I need to be more careful when I need to back off my activity, and not to overdo the activity in the first place.
  • Beneita
    Beneita Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I walked a lot today in St Augustine! I drank tons of water and wee weed like a race horse all day! My fitband said I reached my step goal and burned 255 cals from my walking slow pace while exploring the good ole city! Got home to late for my swim...
  • JimCrackinDandy
    Options
    @Beneita Gee wiz Miss Beneita, throw a bike into that mix and your our next Triathlete! Lovely day Sweetie!
  • downongreenacres
    Options
    MzLaLa29 wrote: »
    I don't think I checked in yesterday. But I had two days of the same. Half my water, 6 minute walk but no real workout. 5,000 steps and ended the day red.

We went to settlement on my house today. Yay? lol I spent the day sitting and driving then had the nerve to celebrate at Cheesecake Factory. I didn't log my meal but I'm positive it was more than 800 calories. I started a fitbit challenge and I'm over 13,000 steps behind my competition... I have much work to do lol

Cheers!
    Sounds like several of us had red days yesterday :/ But tomorrow is a new day!

• downongreenacres
    Options
    Suede242 wrote: »
    Today ended up being a red day. I would normally have gone to the gym but I was overtired today and needed a rest. Tomorrow should be mostly a quiet day. I guess I need to be more careful when I need to back off my activity, and not to overdo the activity in the first place.
    I have a tendency to be all-or-none. It seems like it takes time to learn what is just right (like Goldilocks :wink: )

• Suede242
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Today was crazy busy at work and the nurse manager bought pizzas for all. It was yummy but I am going home in the red on my calories so I will have to get in a good work out tonight to break even. I had really planned on mowing the lawn, but its a riding mower so that won't burn off much of anything.
    I am going to drink my waters and see if the dog can't inspire me to take a walk or something more active than mowing.
    Its just one day in the big picture of things right?

I was just thinking that it depends on whether we make a habit of it. As I am writing a strategy came to mind that I was reading about recently which involves taking a jar of pennies, marbles etc. Somewhere easily visible and each day you meet your goal you transfer one of the marbles to the other jar. At the end of the week (or month) you start over. I'm thinking I might try that for each of my meals/snacks for the day whether I consider them healthy or not. I found a few plain magnets that I'm going to put on the fridge and add a happy face to them.