wing men/wing women

Options
christine24t
christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
Interesting post on wing women on The Rules Revisited:

http://www.therulesrevisited.com/2013/06/no-you-arent-good-wing-woman.html

Do you use wing men and women when you go out? Do they work for you?

Replies

• Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Hi Christine,

I agree with the author that most "wing"-people who think they're high flyers are essentially pointless and ineffective!

I'll hire an actual bird any day of the week instead. Most women love birds. ;-)

My opinion.

• jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I use my dog. Too bad I'm not into dudes, because they seem to swarm on her. I've had this conversation with her many times, but she doesn't quite seem to get it.

Ladies, why do you hate animals?
  • 2stepz
    2stepz Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I use my dog. Too bad I'm not into dudes, because they seem to swarm on her. I've had this conversation with her many times, but she doesn't quite seem to get it.

Shhh... don't tell this furball curled up on my side that I hate animals. She'd be lost without me.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

awww I love dogs and they are the best wing men/women. I wish I could have one but I just don't have the time.
    I did the wingwomen thing one time and I was excellent at it but my friend that I was winging for chickened out.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty good wing woman when I give two sh*ts. Only for men though. Tried to get my lesbian friend laid and got absolutely nowhere. I have no idea how to court women that like other women i guess.

Rufio is a great wing pup - but only to guys who have other dogs. Literally one time he started playing with this cute guys French bulldog and the two of us ended up tied together. Right outta 101 Dalmatians hahaha
  • christine24t
    Options
    I agree with the article in that I don't think going up to a girl and saying "you should come meet my friend" is the best idea.

I've never been a wing woman but I have had friends that whether knowingly or inadvertently become MY wing woman. I have a friend who is very outgoing and in bars she gets approached quite often, usually by men who are there with a group of men. His group will come up to us because their friend is there and start talking to us girls. My friend usually doesn't like the guys so she kind of leaves the conversation but I'll keep talking to them. Never had anything come from it like a guy asking for my number but its always fun.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Rufio is a great wing pup - but only to guys who have other dogs. Literally one time he started playing with this cute guys French bulldog and the two of us ended up tied together. Right outta 101 Dalmatians hahaha
    I'm pretty sure my dog thinks I am the wing man in our relationship. He's usually trying to hump other dogs while I'm still making chit chat.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    This article made me laugh ..I am asked by my guys to go out and play wing women for them however that drivel about complimenting her clothes is so not hiow I do it.......

But like kits I can only wing for my boys ......
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options

Who are these women that hate animals?

I take my dog to all kinds of parks, trails, etc... All I ever freaking see are other women or couples! Apparently no single guys around here have or like dogs. :grumble: Or is that also tied to the fact that they all seem to be commitment-phobes?
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

I take my dog to all kinds of parks, trails, etc... All I ever freaking see are other women or couples! Apparently no single guys around here have or like dogs. :grumble: Or is that also tied to the fact that they all seem to be commitment-phobes?
    agreed! I don't hate animals, I love dogs! all dogs especially my lil guy. he is 7lbs and thinks he's 7ft tall lol. he always tries to pick up on other dogs (or pick a fight sometimes) but when I realize who is on the other end of the leash, its either a girl, a couple or a gay guy. no single guys :ohwell:
  • christine24t
    Options
    This article made me laugh ..I am asked by my guys to go out and play wing women for them however that drivel about complimenting her clothes is so not hiow I do it.......

What is your approach then? Do you have a technique or does it change? Does it work for them?
  • poncho33
    poncho33 Posts: 1,511
    Options
    My dog is a lone wolf... he cares only about food, walks, and peeing on things to claim as his own... not many women want dog piss on their ankle :yawn:
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options

What is your approach then? Do you have a technique or does it change? Does it work for them?

I do have a technique that differs for the grl and the guy I'm hanging with..... Its all about how you talk to the girls and when the guy enters the picture .......
  • TheKitsune6
    Options
    I'm pretty sure my dog thinks I am the wing man in our relationship. He's usually trying to hump other dogs while I'm still making chit chat.

Oh god Rufio does that too. He's such a teenager. I usually make a joke like "Rufio, you have to buy her a drink first!!"
  • jesusHchris
    Options

It could be that they like my dog but then see me and stay away. Maybe the dudes just don't think that way. The other day, I counted 5 separate guys come up and talk to me about my dog. I'm not kidding about the original comment. TONS of dudes, all the time. :/

To your point, I've noticed that not a lot of guys go hiking with other guys or themselves. It is always couples or groups of girls. Not sure why, but that matches your experience. This should work in my favor.
  • pa_jorg
    Options

It could be that they like my dog but then see me and stay away. Maybe the dudes just don't think that way. The other day, I counted 5 separate guys come up and talk to me about my dog. I'm not kidding about the original comment. TONS of dudes, all the time. :/

To your point, I've noticed that not a lot of guys go hiking with other guys or themselves. It is always couples or groups of girls. Not sure why, but that matches your experience. This should work in my favor.

LOL, So where should I be taking my dog to meet guys the way you do then? :wink:
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    Apparently no single guys around here have or like dogs. :grumble: Or is that also tied to the fact that they all seem to be commitment-phobes?

A little off of your point, but I do sort of feel like having a dog makes me not so "in need" of a relationship. Because I have someone at home already who loves me and pays attention to me, I'm not rushing out to commit to someone that isn't perfect. Just a random thought.
    LOL, So where should I be taking my dog to meet guys the way you do then? :wink:

My place.
  • TheKitsune6
    Options

Don't you also live in San Francisco?
  • jesusHchris
    Options
    Don't you also live in San Francisco?

Haha, yeah but not those kind of dudes. And it's everywhere I go. Dudes just like my dog.

I get my feelings hurt if I go to the Castro and don't get hit on at least once, though.
  • pa_jorg
    Options

My place.
    Now we're talking :bigsmile:

It's sweet what you said about not forcing a relationship because you have your dog. Makes sense, but still human companionship is nice too...

Oh and sorry to the OP that this turned into a dog thread when that wasn't the intention. lol