How's everyone doing in June?

Options
JMarcella57
JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
So far this month, I've lost about a pound, but unfortunately I'm suffering with a stressed back muscle. That's seriously limiting any exercise, but I'm getting plenty of rest. How are things going for everyone else this month?

Replies

• SweeteeBri
    SweeteeBri Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Hi Marcella. I haven't gotten on the scale lately....lol. Need a new battery. I've increased my days of working out though. Sorry to hear about your back problems. Hope it heals soon.
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Hey Marcella, let that back heal. You can still keeping rocking the healthy eating.

I have had a good month so far with eating and exercise.... But need to do better on the weekends about what I eat if we go out. Don't want to ruin the whole weeks' progress in one day....
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Yes marcella! let the back heal! I have been battling spine/hip issues all year. Just do what you can and make sure it is not strenuous on your back!

I'm SO with you on needing to better on the weekends! I feel like I totally back pedal!

Well I was a total slug yesterday. I did stop see mother. And I will tonight because I have a huge load of clothes for her. I want to make sure she has clothes to last until I get back from Charlotte. I should have done laundry last night, but instead I got my drunk on with the neighbor. LOL

I looked at my garden yesterday and all I had left were green sticks! All of my peppers and bush beans.. GONE! Hubster’s solution was to buy a live animal trap. Well I like no part of that action. Sometimes I wonder what the heck that man is thinking. I’m calling it now. There is NO way he is going to keep up with emptying the live animals out somewhere… no way. Plus, like neighbor Kathy said,,, sure trap one rabbit so the other 1000 can get into my garden. What he needed to do was get out his freaking staple gun and tack down the fencing… part of my melt down. He was like “I told you I would take care of it”… Oh. Okay. *facepalm* I did not want to get into it with him… so I dropped it. And went to the store.

I picked up some marigolds, garlic to plant, and Animal B gon. I had 2 flats of the small marigolds and I got a pretty good size African Marigold. It was almost pretty. LOL I took the time to get into my garden and plant those all around my beans and my peppers. I placed the big one right up front between my Cow horn pepper and what is left of my bell peppers. Grrrr! Then I took the animal b gon and sprayed it all around the borders of my lilies and grasses. I think I probably should have sprayed around my garden too. They ate ALL of the leaves off of my lilly plants! now this was a first. I assume rabbits?

Well. Gizmo, he's a puggle, found the “bait” and also set off the trap. He didn’t get caught.. he was a little too round to make it all the way back to the bowl. Didn’t keep him from trying. LOL That animal trap is just a bad idea. I am not saying a word to the hubster about it. I’m like whatever. He should have taken care of business in the first place! All I know is I am at War with the Rabbits and Chipmunks and I have been at battle with the thistles and creeping Charlie in my back yard! The thistles and Charlie are freaking toast come fall… so for now I have started a new war with the critters! I am going all Wo-Man on them!

Stay tuned…. lol
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    We finally gave names to some of our chipmunks.
  • coopscoopc
    coopscoopc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Soooooo, I'm still at war with the critters in the yard, but I think I may have one a small battle. LOL Some little somthing ate my rose. *sigh* I basically grew this thing from a stump.... and it was looking pretty good, then BAM! gone. Not even a stick left. Grrrrr! :D

I have been a planting mad woman. I couldn't find any decent garlic but I did plant some marigolds all over the place... and since the lillies out front are gone... I replaced them with a ton of Iris'. Who knows.. maybe the stick plants will come back... I just keep planting away and I keep spraying Critter Rid all over the place! I wish they would eat the plums and peaches that fall off the trees. I feel like this is just as bad as trying to lose weight!

Weird comparison, but it's a battle and every day I struggle to stay on top. OH! In other news... I had an MRI done and I am uber excited. The docs may just figure out what the heck is wrong with my back! And fix it! Wouldn't that be amazing????/ I said to the PA, "I don't think I am ever going to get back to competition status"... and she was very positive and said, "It might just happen!"

Silly, I know... but I have been whining about "let's figure it out doctors!" And now I wait for the test results. Meanwhile, I am going to take it light on my weights and cardio. I was a total sweaty gooey mess with painting and gardening this weekend... so i feel good knowing I drank tons of water, sweating big time, moving, and moving some more.... and I did not gain this week! I am SO back to this!

How is everyone else doing????? Keeping up with tracking and workouts?